GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
The companies I was talking about are mainly landscaping and service companies that aren't corporations. They're small businesses and it is better than it was before cities cracked down. My favorite car wash to go to was a hand car wash and after they got raided and were found out that almost everyone working there was illegal the owner just closed the business.
Was it Jose Canseco? Oh wait he’s in Vegas I think

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The companies I was talking about are mainly landscaping and service companies that aren't corporations. They're small businesses and it is better than it was before cities cracked down. My favorite car wash to go to was a hand car wash and after they got raided and were found out that almost everyone working there was illegal the owner just closed the business.

I was talking about the jobs that require people to use their own cars.

Maybe if we jailed owners or CEO's of companies that break the law we'd have less companies breaking the the law.

Reactions: WAP

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
I was talking about the jobs that require people to use their own cars.

Yeah they call them contractors so they don't have to pay benefits or matching FICA or Workers Comp. Just like Uber and Lyft. Of course some states are fighting Uber and Lyft to get the drivers classified as employees.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
To me it still sounds like the Illegals are a symptom and not the problem. The problem is people willing to hire them in the first place, they wouldn't simply be here if they couldn't find work. They couldn't sustain themselves.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
To me it still sounds like the Illegals are a symptom and not the problem. The problem is people willing to hire them in the first place, they wouldn't simply be here if they couldn't find work. They couldn't sustain themselves.

If you jailed those hiring people illegally, it would quickly solve the problem.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion

You're close. It's the greedy employers who take advantage of the situation. I will say it's not as bad as it used to be.
Used to be you couldn't go to a Home Depot or similar without a crowd of people looking for day labor lining the entrance of the driveway.

Also the majority of the illegals have family that lives in the US so they can get by. I have a Hispanic woman who I pay to clean my house and her and her daughters who help her are here legally but her husband is here illegally. He's a landscaper and is now having a hard time finding work because of the crackdown. Very few of them are here as a single person without family already living here.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
My favorite car wash to go to was a hand car wash and after they got raided and were found out that almost everyone working there was illegal the owner just closed the business.

Danny's Family Car Wash, a few years ago? I was still in Chandler when that fiasco went down.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Ironically, Reagan's, and every president since, cracking down on the border increased the number of illegals living in the US. Laborers used to come for harvest season, then go home to Mexico. Cracking down on the border caused about 10 million of them to stay, rather than risk going back and forth.

Probably a lot smarter to give them work visas and let them cross for harvest and do home after harvest, like they did for 100 years before we cracked down on the border.

Reactions: WAP

Corprin

Autocross Champion
In the US my life matters a whole hell of a lot more than a person who is in the country illegally.

You are a pathetic excuse for a human being. The world could do with a few less of your kind.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Ironically, Reagan's, and every president since, cracking down on the border increased the number of illegals living in the US. Laborers used to come for harvest season, then go home to Mexico. Cracking down on the border caused about 10 million of them to stay, rather than risk going back and forth.

Probably a lot smarter to give them work visas and let them cross for harvest and do home after harvest, like they did for 100 years before we cracked down on the border.

Lmao yea they just stopped coming according to your distorted reality. Hilarious, they haven’t missed a day of work.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
On immigration - if you think its a huge deal while thinking covid 19 is not a huge deal cbeck yourself! Illegal immigrants are drops in the bucket as far the economy is concernes

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
this thread constantly delivers. I would prefer no insulting/personal attacks but the constant title mod makes up for it.

off to look for thread rating button.

on the newish topic: Overall I believe immigrants are a benefit to the country. The majority are ambitious

zrickety

The Fixer
Or are you lying about your wife being a doctor, like you lie about being a paramedic?
What possible benefit would I get from lying about these things? I'm here to share statistics, memes and the truth. Unlike you, who makes fun of the dead and parrots CNN.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Corporate welfare accounts for more dollars spent than is spent on illegal immigration by orders of magnitude.

Cue the apologists running in to say that rich people won't still be rich without the subsidies.

zrickety

The Fixer
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6936a5.htm?s_cid=mm6936a5_w#T1_down

Here is another report from CDC...They are trying to say that eating at restaurants is risky behavior. Which I've been doing since the beginning with no ill effects.
314 people, about half tested positive. They reported wearing mask 'always or often' 85% of the time.
The half negative group reported wearing mask 'always or often' 89% of the time.
They are essentially the same numbers.
SO IS THE MASK USELESS, OR WHAT?