GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

the

Autocross Champion
Well he does keep randomly quoting everything on the web as "gospel" without double checking...
Looks like most of his stuff is just quoted to me, more of a conversation prompt than anything. Someone should be keeping score in this thread, because the way you guys are talking to him, ad-hominem included, seems mostly one-way.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Global warming kicks ass

1638548867416.png

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Regardless of the dumb generator meme, electric vehicles in their current form are incredibly bad for the environment.

https://www.industryweek.com/techno...acturing-them-leaves-massive-carbon-footprint

And that's just energy. Water consumption in mining lithium is incredibly high; roughly 500,000 gallons of water is used to mine one metric ton of lithium.

https://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/renewable/the-environmental-impact-of-lithium-batteries/

Electric vehicles are, really, the ultimate NIMBY. You don't see them pollute, so they must be good for the environment. Not to mention lithium can't really be recycled, and in 15-20 years we're looking at another environmental disaster on a different scale.

Now, if aluminum ion batteries turn out to be worthwhile, we might be getting somewhere. I know that Elon Musk says hydrogen power is a waste of time, but he has an interest at stake. There must be a reason toyota is continuing its development of hydrogen powered cars.
great points - i was a big fan of the hydrogen idea until i found out that the process of producing hydrogen released CO2 which depletes the purpose - at least that is what a fair amount of simply 'poking around' for how to make hydrogen led me to believe. idk how much C02, perhaps it's negligible?

Once again the only solution to fighting either for sustainability or against climate change (whatever floats your boat), less consumption / less people appears to still be the only viable winner. as of now, we just can't engineer our way out of our exponential growth.

riceburner

Autocross Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
i washed my car in a t-shirt! probably used 20 gallons of water, then drove around farting c02 into the atmosphere just for fun

1638549566440.png

zrickety

The Fixer
If you cant do basic math then there's no other discussion worth having with you. It's only been pointed out about 20 times that you lack even a highschool level understanding of the world, it's why you believe anything you dO yOuR oWn ReSeArCh on.
Translation- "I can only pick on you for this one random image you shared where someone else did the math, I can't make an argument against anything else posted in the thread."

Ok, thanks.

zrickety

The Fixer

npace

Autocross Champion
great points - i was a big fan of the hydrogen idea until i found out that the process of producing hydrogen released CO2 which depletes the purpose - at least that is what a fair amount of simply 'poking around' for how to make hydrogen led me to believe. idk how much C02, perhaps it's negligible?

Once again the only solution to fighting either for sustainability or against climate change (whatever floats your boat), less consumption / less people appears to still be the only viable winner. as of now, we just can't engineer our way out of our exponential growth.
I don't know if hydrogen is the answer or not. But the whole electric powered cars being "green and sustainable" thing is just nonsensical BS. Improvements are worthwhile, but pretending that buying a tesla somehow makes a person an environmentally conscious eco-warrior is silly. Reminds me of the South Park smug cloud episode. We could do better for the environment just by eliminating k-cups.

zrickety

The Fixer

zrickety

The Fixer

zrickety

The Fixer