GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

torga

Autocross Champion
The only real green energy known to man is nuclear energy. And it's so good, it can blow wind and solar out of the water. And wind and solar guys know this and hate it.

Ugh, right. Nuclear is an untapped gold mine of clean energy, but most governments/agencies avoid it like the plague. And pumping enough funding into fusion research could lead to something revolutionary. But again, the US government sees it as a waste of money and spends hundreds of billions on the military instead.

I think the ideal mix of energy production should be nuclear, wind, solar and hydro.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Ugh, right. Nuclear is an untapped gold mine of clean energy, but most governments/agencies avoid it like the plague. And pumping enough funding into fusion research could lead to something revolutionary. But again, the US government sees it as a waste of money and spends hundreds of billions on the military instead.

I think the ideal mix of energy production should be nuclear, wind, solar and hydro.
We cut off our nose to spite our face with Nuclear power.

Just a few accidents somehow outweigh endless fuel spills, explosions, and fake climate altering emissions.

zrickety

The Fixer
We cut off our nose to spite our face with Nuclear power.

Just a few accidents somehow outweigh endless fuel spills, explosions, and fake climate altering emissions.
There are legit clean energies but the technology has been suppressed. It's not solar or wind. I'll leave it at that.

zrickety

The Fixer

zrickety

The Fixer
1631996939913.png

zrickety

The Fixer

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
But that's just it, there is no evidence that any of these things are or are not the greatest contributor. And if you look deeper, government (big money) funded scientists are the ones stating that it is human pollution. Other explanations are being tossed aside for a political agenda, because politicians know that they can use the phrase "according to experts". Its a logical fallacy called appeal to authority, even when the reality is there is no consensus. But it works, just ask GTIfan99.

Except there is overwhelming evidence.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/climate.nasa.gov/evidence.amp

anotero

Autocross Champion
Fair point about most human-caused climate change studies being funded by governments. But also in fairness, most of the studies that contradict anthropomorphic climate change tend to be funded by the corporations that are doing most of the pollutant emitting that the other side of the coin accuses of being the cause of climate change.
I'm talking about non-human-caused studies that I've personally read. So that of course leaves the door open for studies that don't have conflicts of interest. It's been a while since I've really dug into this.

Anthropomorphic means having human characteristics, resembling humans. The appropriate term is anthropogenic.

anotero

Autocross Champion

Governments are plagued by lobbyists from anti-nuclear groups. I didn't think the Germans, for example, would give in, but they did and closed their nuclear plants. The Russians (leaders in terms of nuclear power with their fourth generation plants), the French (close in second), and other countries (Turkey, Iran, etc.) are expanding their nuclear programs.

Wind and solar can work locally, but as far as large power outputs, they don't cone close to nuclear and fossil fuels, as well as hydro.

npace

Autocross Champion

I've already explained all of this. I never said the Earth isn't warming, so your second quote there only makes you look like the moron. I also never quoted an oil company, so there's that. It's called a straw man, you're posting about something loosely related even though it isn't the argument I'm making. Great logical fallacy. Next time choose someone who can't see through it.

As for the first quote, government funded? Check. Evidence based on ice core samples, that are already problematic for reasons discussed? Check. Does that mean that NASA is wrong? I don't know. But the thing is, neither do you. You're so worried about being right that you can't see the simple fact is that right now, with the information we have, nobody knows for sure. If they did, they wouldn't be going to extremes to continue to collect data to prove themselves correct, would they? Yet ice core sampling is still happening. It's a piece of evidence that may turn out to be correct.

I would also like to know how they collected atmospheric samples before the industrial revolution, which is what allows them to collect those samples now. And finally, I'll let you look up the data on how increased CO2 levels (which is what the NASA article talks about) actually spur increased plant growth, which causes an increase in oxygen production and can lead to a long term cooling effect. The earth wabbles and tilts. It goes through heating and cooling phases. The NASA article demonstrates correlation, for sure.

Finally, I'm not saying that NASA or anyone else is wrong. I'm saying that they don't have definitive proof, which is different than evidence (yes, I did say evidence earlier, my mistake). They are using evidence as proof, while the two can be easily confused, again, I made the mistake earlier. Scientists aren't supposed to act as prosecutors, who have a job to use evidence to convince a courtroom that it equates to proof. That's why it's important to question these things.

Edit: For clarification, I know that nobody said atmospheric samples were collected long ago. The other methods used (ice core samples, tree ring data, carbon samples from the earth) could mean things about the atmosphere, but that data can also be attributed to other factors. Maybe the tree went through a drought in one decade, so the rings got smaller. Maybe there was less sunlight, or more, based on the tilt of the earth. Maybe a heard of mastodon settled in the area and ate all the leaves off of that particular tree. Maybe there has been an increase in CO2. Tons of possibilities, no conclusive proof. See where this is going?

Last edited: