GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

IanCH

Autocross Champion
In my area 1700 gets you... well nothing, unless you want to live next to a homeless shelter and methadone clinic.

torga

Autocross Champion
Nice knowing you. CNN says you will spontaneously combust, taking everyone in a 6 foot radius with you.
Get your affairs in order...

Nice, that'll save me the cremation fees.

torga

Autocross Champion
Albuquerque was the cheapest I've ever lived. At the low end, I've rented a 1bd with storage room, backyard and detached 1car garage for $525/mo. At the high end, I've rented a 3bd/2bath with huge landscaped backyard, huge landscaped front yard, two storage rooms, a "tool/craft" room and a 2car garage for $1400/mo.

zrickety

The Fixer
My rent is $1750 for 1600sq ft, 3br 4ba and highest the power bill gets up to is $400. And that's in the newer part of town. When i was still living in Ca and looking at houses you couldn't find anything under $2,200 that isn't a dump
Damn, that's a mortgage payment on a decent house where I live. Why rent and throw your money away? Build some equity.

npace

Autocross Champion
This is a decision everyone should be allowed to make for themselves.

This is the whole point, right here. I'm not against any vaccine, but when you have one with: a) questionable efficacy against the current variant of threat, b) no study on long term effects, and c) no answers about how the vaccine negatively interacts with certain diseases disorders, it makes sense why people don't want it. Add to it the media hysteria and it gets out of control. If you're vaccinated, and you believe that the vaccine protects you, why try to force others to get it? This wasn't a thing in 2019 when 62,000 people were dying from the flu.

npace

Autocross Champion
I have family in AZ. They love it when people move there from California to escape its problems, only to vote for the dumb garbage that created said problems.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Damn, that's a mortgage payment on a decent house where I live. Why rent and throw your money away? Build some equity.
100% I plan on buying a home within the next few years, but tbh I don't think I'll stay in Vegas for longer than another year or two before I move out of state again

I enjoy it here, summer kinda sucks lol, and there's not enough twisty roads out here in the desert to fully enjoy the GTI. But at least winter isn't bad and there's never a shortage of things to do here. People are generally pretty happy and friendly here too.

But I'll probably move out to CO or TX next and possibly purchase a home out there.

One of my goals is to start investing in commercial properties as well.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
100% I plan on buying a home within the next few years, but tbh I don't think I'll stay in Vegas for longer than another year or two before I move out of state again

I enjoy it here, summer kinda sucks lol, and there's not enough twisty roads out here in the desert to fully enjoy the GTI. But at least winter isn't bad and there's never a shortage of things to do here. People are generally pretty happy and friendly here too.

But I'll probably move out to CO or TX next and possibly purchase a home out there.

One of my goals is to start investing in commercial properties as well.
Good luck with the Texas power grid. 😂

Golf R GT

Ready to race!
The first house I bought in TX was around 155K in 2007/08. It's estimated value is now around 300K. Building equity is cool and all but there are other expenses you have that renters do not.

my inlaws are still trying to convince me to move to San Antonio....homes are not that much cheaper,pay is way less and the weather is shit.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
The first house I bought in TX was around 155K in 2007/08. It's estimated value is now around 300K. Building equity is cool and all but there are other expenses you have that renters do not.
You mean like the 40k I just spent on home upkeep this summer? (Plus new driveway going in this month)

Yeah it's pretty expensive but you also get to recoup some of that down the line if you sell before the improvements are stale.

In our case, house needed 10 new windows, a new roof, exterior paint, trim repair, and new concrete around the foundation... oof