GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

cb1111

Go find one post where I suggested you should just gobble up ivermectin and skip your vaccines. This isn't the meat and potatoes of any argument, it's a black-or-white fallacy that is used to rob other preventative treatments of any value.

This is one of the reasons 80% of America is unaware of available treatments prior to covid-19 hospitalization. People paint other therapies into a corner with fallacy ridden arguments. As a result, people test positive and go sit at home for two weeks until they're hospitalized.

On your 1st day of symptoms, you should be trying to find a rapid test near you. On day 4, you should receive a PCR test. If positive, within the next 6 days, you should receive the Regeneron treatment from a clinic in your area. Your goal should be Monoclonal antibodies within the first 10 days of symptoms. That's the absolute best defense against covid that's currently available, and NO ONE knows about it.

Everything in regard to Ivermectin is recommended prophylactic use, and I keep getting quoted studies that have ZERO prophylactic use. I'm done with the argument, do whatever you want to treat your covid. Half of the posters here probably aren't even supplementing vitamin d and zinc. Ivermectin is suggested 3mg tablet per WEEK and you guys are in here arguing about drinking horse paste. Good job letting the media suck you into their shitty narrative. I'm going to exercise every harmless preventative treatment available, because I live in a capitalistic society where my money talks.
Hey, you CAN make a rational post. I have to find that study that you are referring to - it was from a somewhat reputable source

cb1111

I never stated it did not stop the droplets at all. The masks are not the solution particularly to kids who have a high rate of survival to COVID. To say masks are 50-70% ineffective paints a bit of a different picture. I would agree a little is better than nothing however many believe it is the ultimate solution to stopping the spread of COVID and it is characterized as such rather broadly.

At the end we are REQUIRING people to wear masks that are 50-70 percent ineffective for a virus with a high rate of survivability. Makes sense to me.
You seem to have learned the zricky method of twisting facts to make them sound bad.

"multi-layer cloth mask can catch up to 50-70% of fine droplets and up to 50% of ultrafine droplets" does not translate into 50-70% ineffective.

Talk about the "high rate of survivability" to those that have died. Wait, you can't.....

Get the fucking vaccine and wear a damn mask - that'll keep you and the vulnerable alive.

torga

Autocross Champion
Most of us are in an office 8 hours a day. We go to the gym 30-60min. We're with friends and family for extended periods of time. Realistically, I just don't know what setting you're going to be in where a mask is going to make a difference. It takes 5-15 minutes of exposure to be at risk, so chatting with a cashier masked or not likely isn't risky to begin with. It's not the short interactions we need protection from.
All fair points. But you did ask for data showing how/if masks are able to impede transmission of aerosols, and turns out they do help. Of course, they don't stop everything.
I'm aware that the study I linked is a very simplified case. They had people straight up sit in front of a flow hood and breathe for a while -- no one does that in real life. But studies have to be simplified in order to start answering questions. Designing studies for more practical or specific instances is orders of magnitude more difficult, whether it's due to complexity, lack of funding, or any other factors. For example, I tried to find any study at all about increased viral transmission through masks at gyms (heavy breathing and all that), but all I was able to find were studies about whether or not mask wearers are able to take in enough oxygen.
There are many unideal situations to be in right now, but for many of us the only options we have against infection are a vaccine, a mask, a combination of the two, or simply not being in a situation that poses a risk. For many people, that final option isn't realistically possible (i.e. work). Some people mock masks as a safety blanket, but I don't know of any better options for people who are at elevated risk -- only better masks, and enough people around them who are also wearing masks.
If there's a better option, I'd love to hear it because I hate wearing a mask. I like a tight N95 mask so that my glasses don't fog up, but over time the pressure on my ears gives me a headache. I tried those plastic hooks that allow you to rest the load on the back of your neck, but that ends up just hurting the bridge of my nose -- all it does is just move the pressure for me.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Imagine instead of one singular hours long event, millions of shorter interactions. In each of those shorter interactions the virus is simply less likely to spread if impeded (to whatever degree) by the mask.

At a super spreader event, you are correct, the mask ultimately does nothing as your exposure time is simply too long.
Everyone at my mask wearing work has contracted covid over the past 1.5 years. What was the purpose of wearing masks?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Sure, I'll concede that time exposed is very important. Like anotero said, 10 hours in one room where everyone is masked isn't going to do anyone any favors. But in general, taking into account the relatively short nature of many interactions, masks are better than no masks. They don't stop aerosols and droplets, they reduce. That's all I've been saying this whole time.

Here's a study that specifically investigates aerosol escape. They conclude that masks are better than no masks.
Expiratory aerosol particle escape from surgical masks due to imperfect sealing | Scientific Reports (nature.com)
But everyone goes to work, so we have billions of interactions, and people still contract covid en masse. Everyone in the building i work in has had covid. So what was the goal of mask wearing? To prevent covid spread altogether? Then masks failed. To flatten the curve? We are 1.5+ years into the flattenning effort. How much longer?

anotero

Autocross Champion
So you're the closest, but still neither of those.

Everyone else is just a bunch of guys and gals that are completely unqualified to have any sort of opinion about any of the topics over which you are arguing about.
That pretty much sums it up.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Everyone at my mask wearing work has contracted covid over the past 1.5 years. What was the purpose of wearing masks?
I dunno, we don masks where I work and very few people have gotten it. 🙃

JC_451

Autocross Champion
So you're the closest, but still neither of those.

Everyone else is just a bunch of guys and gals that are completely unqualified to have any sort of opinion about any of the topics over which you are arguing about.
Except this is a forum, the thread is just for entertainment, and it doesn't matter what other people use their time for.