GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

THE FORMULA 1 THREAD

RIANF1

Mclaren Fanboy
I think Hamilton's gonna be just as pissy at Mercedes. Maybe he'll complain even more because he won't have a competitive car.

I really dont understand this move.... Oh wait..... yes I do.... ITS ABOUT MONEY!! Mercedes is at best a mid-pack car and does not have what it takes in My opinion to compete with the big 3 (Mclaren, Red Bull, Ferrari).

With that being said, I think its time to change my avatar. Since 2007 I have been one of the biggest Hamilton marks out there. To the point where I was genuinely upset if he DNF'd or had a shitty weekend. But lately, he lately, he has basically become such a whiny bitch. Between problems with his girlfriend, his father and his team, its basically like a $100,000,000 soap opera. Its like keeping up with the Kardashians!

If anyone deserves the championship this year, its Fernando Alonso. This man has driven a sub par car and has driven it to the top. He always seems happy on the podium, he truly loves his team and when things dont go his way, he doesnt bitch and moan to Ron Dennis.

ok sorry.... my rant is done.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
I really dont understand this move.... Oh wait..... yes I do.... ITS ABOUT MONEY!! Mercedes is at best a mid-pack car and does not have what it takes in My opinion to compete with the big 3 (Mclaren, Red Bull, Ferrari).

No way, Mclaren matched how much Mercedes offered and Hamilton said no.

I think its good for Lewis to get out of his home town, so to speak...

white4dr

The Stig
I heard that Hamilton is also banking on Merc becoming more competitive in 2014 with the switch to turbos. Merc will be one of the engine suppliers.

Ferrari is finally rebuilding another wind tunnel. There current one has been a huge problem the last few years.

RIANF1

Mclaren Fanboy
No way, Mclaren matched how much Mercedes offered and Hamilton said no.

I think its good for Lewis to get out of his home town, so to speak...

They may have matched the offer, but Benz IMHO will make him the "celebrity" that he truly wants to be.... DIVA.

RIANF1

Mclaren Fanboy
I heard that Hamilton is also banking on Merc becoming more competitive in 2014 with the switch to turbos. Merc will be one of the engine suppliers.

Ferrari is finally rebuilding another wind tunnel. There current one has been a huge problem the last few years.

I heard that Bernie Ecclestone is trying to stop the turbo V6 thing from going down.

white4dr

The Stig
I heard that Bernie Ecclestone is trying to stop the turbo V6 thing from going down.

I read the same, but at this point I think that would be a bad idea. ALOT of money has already been spent on developing them.

They should remove the fuel flow limit haha- I'd love to watch some 1200hp racing

RIANF1

Mclaren Fanboy
I read the same, but at this point I think that would be a bad idea. ALOT of money has already been spent on developing them.

They should remove the fuel flow limit haha- I'd love to watch some 1200hp racing

I miss re-fueling in F1 period.... Ahh the days of Ferrari Decapitating their Pit crew :(

Myfast_GTI

Super User
F1 Leaving Speed/Fox after this season. NBC is going to be carrying the coverage.

Formula One's 17-year run with Speed cable channel ending after this season
Published October 12, 2012
Associated Press
CHARLOTTE, N.C. – The cable sports channel Speed will no longer air Formula One races after this season, ending a 17- year partnership.

Fox Sports Media Group, which owns Speed, confirmed Friday that the partnership will end after this season. The network indicated it was outbid for the U.S. broadcast rights.'

"It's disappointing to learn that F1 has elected to move forward with a different media partner," Fox Sports Media Group said in a statement to The Associated Press.

F1 was in talks with NBC Sports Group for U.S. broadcast rights, according to two people familiar with the negotiations who spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because there was no official announcement.

NBC Sports spokesman Chris McCloskey declined comment, as did F1's governing body, FIA, which noted that TV deals are handled by Formula One Management. The series is in South Korea this week for the Korean Grand Prix.

"Speed has been the U.S. voice of F1 since the mid '90s, and it is a passion for many people at the network," the Fox Sports statement said. "Fox Sports Media Group made what we believed to be a fiscally responsible bid based on the sport's current viewership levels, but F1 has elected to go in another direction. We wish them well."

It's not clear what NBC Sports would do with F1.

NBC Sports Network currently broadcasts the bulk of the U.S-based IndyCar Series, and announced last month a deal with Robby Gordon to televise the inaugural season of his Stadium Super Trucks. Gordon inked a deal that gets 12 races televised — seven of them on NBC. The television contract for IndyCar is split between ABC, which owns the network broadcast rights, and NBCSN, which only has the rights to air races on cable.

The departure of F1 comes as Fox Sports moves closer to rebranding its motorsports network into a broad-based national sports network. Fox has not commented on the rebranded channel, expected to be called Fox Sports 1, but it is expected to be heavily utilized in the eight-year television contract announced earlier this month with Major League Baseball.

Speed partnered with F1 in 1996 in the network's first full season on the air. Speed moved to live coverage in 1997, and has expanded to live coverage of qualifying and practice sessions of the most popular motorsports series in the world.
Broadcasting from a studio in Charlotte, the booth of Bob Varsha, Steve Matchett and David Hobbs is considered by many fans to be the best in motorsports. The excitable trio breathes excitement into often single-file racing, and closely follows storylines and strategy despite being halfway around the world from most of the tracks.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/...n-tell-ap-formula-one-17-year-run-with-speed/

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I don't post in here often so here is some of my thoughts.

Lewis Hamilton is a little baby. I'm not sour he wanted to move onto a new team and a new challenge but WTF why did he handle it like a little baby and keep everything secret.

Team/Driver changes happen in F1 like I change underpants, but he should have been upfront with the team.

I'm also happy to see Massa back at Ferrari, I hope he get's back to 100%! Also IMO there was not really a better driver out there for the seat right now. Rumor is they want Vettle for 2014... or do they!?!?!?

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I'm also pretty sad Speed is going away all together. The world is a sadder places without a cable channel devoted to motorsports.