GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The GunKat's Car Feedback Thread with POLE.

pole?

• Keep your car, it looks good/performs well, etc. Get something on the side later.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Get a Civic /other cheap DD, pay off within a year or so and buy an S2K, BRZ, Miata, C5 Z06, etc.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Other – post up.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Gunkata = Plac

Votes: 28 32.9%
  • Sell feauxS3, buy PT Cruiser

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Next gen WRX/MS3/MK7

Votes: 11 12.9%

• Total voters

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Thinking of ideas on current and future planning for car situation...

I commute 60miles each day round trip now, since May :( My car is fairly comfortable and has DSG thankfully, as most of the time I am now in shit ass traffic. MPG is pretty good, probably around 23-24mpg real world (when I calculate it), which is good considering AWD+K04.

After tracking the car again this weekend, I really started to lust for a 2dr sportscar again, and it got me thinking... should I downsize to a cheap DD to have paid off very soon, then go buy something nice to have as a track/weekend/sunny day driver? (see possible ideas in poll questions)

OR.. is it better to have the "luxury" feel and look of the Audi, the dialed in car that it is with all my mods ( I am VERY happy with the build on the car for comfort, performance, everything ) and keep it long term, risk any possibility VAG reliability issues down the line, and maybe in a few years (read more like 3-4) try to grab a 2dr sportscar on the side at that time instead? I'd be double ballin' then, no?

I had considered spending more for now on a DD (newer Civic, last gen Acura TL type S, or even going for a used Evo X, but I think I would tire of the mpg and MT pretty quick, unfortunately :( ), but it would take longer to payoff.. so, a cheaper car that is like $8-$10K would be ideal, cos I could probably have it paid off in 12months or so, then go out and buy the fun car.

I had also considering newer and more expensive cars with 4 doors.. but realized they would still be a compromise, even if better reliability (most recent Acura TL SH-AWD MT or G37S sedan comes to mind), but would also put me more in debt for something I am not really bonerz over.

The dreams of having an 2010+ S4 or 08+ M3 can't really work right now with this commute and my other financial obligations either.

I don't know, I keep going back and forth on it. While I don't expect anyone to tell me what to do/make up my mind for me, I do like getting feedback and opinions.

danke.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
bag it

/thread

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
i voted keep. i told you i like your car. plus the setup you have is perfect.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
keep that audi and get yourself a nice s2k for track, you won't have to worry about reliability while tracking

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I'm not sure what's better, his post or your response.

:thumbsup:

Yes, with a pole. Im here!

yay'z!

this literally made me LOL :bellyroll:

I do enjoy that one.

i voted keep. i told you i like your car. plus the setup you have is perfect.

thanks man.

I am Plac. Son of Plac. Father of Earth.

I totally forgot about putting the other option: Wait to see next gen WRX/STI and MS3 to compare with MK7 GTI.. dammit.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
::yawn::

SRSLY?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
keep that audi and get yourself a nice s2k for track, you won't have to worry about reliability while tracking

:clap: see, that could be the way to go, just sucks having to probably wait a good 2-3 years minimum.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I need a V8 in my life but the GTI is so practical. I guess I just need a better job.