GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The new EQT V2.51 Maps

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Placed an order for the updated tune, now I wait. Been having some issues with shifting feeling clunky recently, it may be time for engine and trans mounts. Definitely doesnt feel as tight as it used to.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Placed an order for the updated tune, now I wait. Been having some issues with shifting feeling clunky recently, it may be time for engine and trans mounts. Definitely doesnt feel as tight as it used to.
even just the dogbone insert alone makes a huge difference

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
even just the dogbone insert alone makes a huge difference
I have a metal dogbone insert currently, it's been in there for a year or so. I've been considering going with a poly insert or just replacing the puck all together.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I have a metal dogbone insert currently, it's been in there for a year or so. I've been considering going with a poly insert or just replacing the puck all together.
I’ve been super happy with my BFI mounts.

Stage 2 insert.
Stage 1 engine and trans.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
I’ve been super happy with my BFI mounts.

Stage 2 insert.
Stage 1 engine and trans.
Dont mean to derail the thread, but I must ask the obligatory "how is the NVH?"

Also, how long did it take to get the update for you guys?

Last edited:

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch

I have the BFI engine mount, trans insert, and stage 1 db insert. I only noticed increased NVH from the db insert. Once it's all broken in the NVH isn't bad at all, mostly just some vibrations in reverse. DSG is supposed to be a little different but I'm not sure how exactly. I swear it seems like the trans insert actually quieted down my SMF chatter, probably because the stock one was trashed. I plan on switching to the powerflex hybrid sometime soon, it's supposed to be a bit better

The 034 inserts tend to bend after a while, so that may be what's causing your shifts to feel funkier than normal now

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
A protune would definitely be worth it because it's optimized for your car. It will be smoother and faster. Not to mention safer than an OTS tune.
Depending on who does the tune.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

I had the stage 2 insert installed for about 40k miles before I put in the engine and trans mounts. The dogbone insert is jarring at first, especially with a DSG, but the NVH drastically reduced after 1,000 miles. It’s still pretty loud and harsh when in reverse and with the AC on at idle, but I like it.

After installing the engine and trans mounts, I noticed no difference in vibrations or harshness. Maybe a tad more noise.

Agray

Go Kart Champion
So I'm currently stage 2 93 oct and I'm kicking around the idea of going is38 with a 93 pump tune, but I took a look at a recent log and noticed that my HPFP effective vol % is at 97% and peaks at 100% at times during a 3rd gear pull on 2.51. How could it possibly be safe to run an is38 when it looks like the stock fuel pump is at its limit on the stage 2 tune?

I often read that the stock HPFP is fine even up to E30 on the is20 and the is38. What am I missing?

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
So I'm currently stage 2 93 oct and I'm kicking around the idea of going is38 with a 93 pump tune, but I took a look at a recent log and noticed that my HPFP effective vol % is at 97% and peaks at 100% at times during a 3rd gear pull on 2.51. How could it possibly be safe to run an is38 when it looks like the stock fuel pump is at its limit on the stage 2 tune?

I often read that the stock HPFP is fine even up to E30 on the is20 and the is38. What am I missing?
Your tune?

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
What am I missing?
Perhaps I should have been more detailed in my quote. Maybe your tune is requesting the additional? Have you reached out to Ed or team at EQT to discuss your concerns? As the developer I would think they have a more immediate solution for you other than this thread.

Last edited:

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Doooo ittttt. The Powerflex Hybrid insert is worth the hype.
I ordered one from FCP today, lookin forward to it. I hope it tightens everything up. Id like to get some BFI mounts and a DSG tune but I think I will wait for a 4th of july/black friday sale.

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
Everyone saw this right!
485E2D4B-1F16-4411-BBC9-500A17E5F9D4.jpeg