GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Beer Thread

caffeineTX

Ready to race!
Hell yeah, I'm with ya! I've made 30 gallons of beer since Christmas, and have spent maybe $150 to make it all, can't beat homebrew :D

What kind of setup are you using? I have a 10 gallon system with a gatoradecooler mashtun. Working on converting a keg into a mash tun so I can do bigger batches.

I definitely want to get to a point I can do 15 gallon brews.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

BlackGTI13

Ready to race!
Bluepoint Mosaic Session IPA as well as 22's of their Pale Ale, Oatmeal Stout, and Rastafar Rye, plus a 6 pack of Great South Bay's Hopsy Dazy session IPA over the weekend and am getting a 6 pack of DC Brau - On The Wings of Armageddon and 2 6 packs of Troegs Nugget Nectar. Don't think I've seen these. Too many beers out there to try.

Mattchow. I had a lenins revenge last night. It was not bad. Just not up to imperial stout caliber imo but tasty. Don't think I've even laid eyes on most of what ya bought except the jester and prairie.

Most are limited to the East Coast, although Blue Point was just purchased by InBev today so their beer may start showing up in other places in the future. On the Wings is DC Brau's DIPA which is excellent - 100% falconers flight hops), but it can only be bought at the brewery for now and Troeg's only ships in about a 3-4 hours radius from the brewery in Hersey PA.

Agreed, there are WAY too many out there, but I enjoy trying to drink as many of them as possible, although my wallet tells a different story.

BlackGTI13

Ready to race!
Drinking a Schlafly Tasmanian IPA right now, in fact. They release a limited IPA each quarter, winter is TIPA, they just released their American IPA - I think it's better than Sucks, Hoptimum or Hopslam.

:thumbup:

TIPA is excellent and AIPA is very good was well. If TIPA were year round my fridge would be full of it on a regular basis!

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
What kind of setup are you using? I have a 10 gallon system with a gatoradecooler mashtun. Working on converting a keg into a mash tun so I can do bigger batches.

I definitely want to get to a point I can do 15 gallon brews.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I just converted to AG, so I'm using a converted cooler (50qt coleman square cooler). I might eventually get a gatorade cooler and a false bottom setup, I feel it would work much better and I wouldn't stick the sparge at all. I've only had it happen once, but it still sucked regardless.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion

MrMke

Go Kart Champion
If you guys haven't tried Victory's Dirt Wolf or Hop Ranch, yet. Do yourselves a favor and try them.

Not really into IPA's. However, I've been dying to try their White Monkey but since it's a limited release I've been unsuccessful at locating any......even though I live within an hour of the brewery.

blankwavercade

Ready to race!
I didnt read every page so i may be late to the game. But has anyone tried dog fish head 75 minute? I saw it at the beer distributor it was 90 for a case of bombers.

Pic related

BlackGTI13

Ready to race!
I didnt read every page so i may be late to the game. But has anyone tried dog fish head 75 minute? I saw it at the beer distributor it was 90 for a case of bombers.

Pic related

75 minute is very good, it origanilly was hand mixed at thier brewpub (i.e. half 60 half 90) and works very well in bottles. If you ever find yourself in Rehobeth Beach, Delaware at the DFH Brewpub they have Johnny Cask, a casked version of the 75 minute. IMO, this is the best version (although I am a sucker for cask beer).

If you like IPA's, Robert Johnson's Hellhound on My Ale (it's a seasonal) is very good. 10%, call centennial hops, with lemon zest.

blankwavercade

Ready to race!
I wish i would have gotten 75 min. I was with my brother who was buying beer since my id had expired 8 months ago. I got it renewed and a new photo and the 75 min was gone. All within 24 hours! Maybe if i go to ocean city this year ill go make a trip to rehobeth and check out their pub.

koinfamous2

Passed Driver's Ed
they are technically craft since the definition of craft beer encompass any brewery smaller than sam adams including sam adams.

Speaking of Sam's, tried their new West Coast "style" IPA a few times lately, Rebel. Not entirely bad. Not the best rendition , but for their first shot at this style, it's decent.

BlackGTI13

Ready to race!
I wish i would have gotten 75 min. I was with my brother who was buying beer since my id had expired 8 months ago. I got it renewed and a new photo and the 75 min was gone. All within 24 hours! Maybe if i go to ocean city this year ill go make a trip to rehobeth and check out their pub.

I would highly recommend it. Very cool spot and many times they have brewpub exclusives - small batch one offs.