GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Gun Thread

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
Any of you guys in here use a backpack or other sort of bag for conceal-carry? I don't carry at the moment, and I'm new to the idea, so this might seem like a dumb question :iono: I'm assuming the most common idea is to have your weapon on your person, but just thought I'd ask

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Any of you guys in here use a backpack or other sort of bag for conceal-carry? I don't carry at the moment, and I'm new to the idea, so this might seem like a dumb question :iono: I'm assuming the most common idea is to have your weapon on your person, but just thought I'd ask

Yeah if I'm legally conceal carrying i'm going to have it in my IWB holster or pocket holster, never in my backpack since it would take much longer time than you can afford if something goes down.

Of course I say legally because if you didn't have a CCW you'd have to lock up your backpack. At least that's how it is in Kalifornistan.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion

At one time I had a Targus backpack with a holster sewn into it. It served as double duty for carrying my laptop and my handgun.

Last edited:

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
Yeah if I'm legally conceal carrying i'm going to have it in my IWB holster or pocket holster, never in my backpack since it would take much longer time than you can afford if something goes down.

Of course I say legally because if you didn't have a CCW you'd have to lock up your backpack. At least that's how it is in Kalifornistan.

^^^ That was my thought. I believe the law is similar in Wisconsin

At one time I had a Targus backpack with a holster sewn into it. It served as double duty for carrying my laptop and my handgun.

That's kind of what I had in mind. I've seen some similar backpacks floating around on the internet. I would definitely plan on getting an IWB holster, but I'm just thinking of a bag of some sort so that I could have my weapon on me without having it "on me" for certain situations, ya know?

Last edited:

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
Hhhmmmm, guess it go either way. LOL

we have responses assuming the Glock, and we have responses assuming the Gewehr.

Hey, svickstc....which were you asking about? :D

Personally never been a fan of the Glock's, can't put my finger on it, just was never impressed.

Of course i was talking about the unobtanium G43 single stack 9mm from Glock.

Im guessing the thing you cant put a finger on is the grip angle...its the most hate for glock i see from people not liking it and not understanding why...

Thumper

Autocross Champion

I do not recommend and strongly, STRONGLY caution against off body carry. It is in fact an oxymoron of gun safety. You are required at all times to be in control and possession of your firearm, off body carry puts the firearm outside your immediate control and handling. We have two very sad very recent examples of why off body carry is not a good idea.

Sometimes it is the only option, and for women it is very easy as they already carry a purse. But there are too many risks (bags get snatched, or forgotten, or put out of sight, ect). So even though off body would be the most comfortable, the downsides of having to fumble for the firearm, having to orient it for a draw, and the ease of not having access to it make it not even an option for me.

Just my 2cents

Im guessing the thing you cant put a finger on is the grip angle...its the most hate for glock i see from people not liking it and not understanding why...

Well, it's been about.....5 years since I fired one, maybe I'll rent one this weekend at the range.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
I do not recommend and strongly, STRONGLY caution against off body carry. It is in fact an oxymoron of gun safety. You are required at all times to be in control and possession of your firearm, off body carry puts the firearm outside your immediate control and handling. We have two very sad very recent examples of why off body carry is not a good idea.

Sometimes it is the only option, and for women it is very easy as they already carry a purse. But there are too many risks (bags get snatched, or forgotten, or put out of sight, ect). So even though off body would be the most comfortable, the downsides of having to fumble for the firearm, having to orient it for a draw, and the ease of not having access to it make it not even an option for me.

Just my 2cents

Good points are good. Thanks, man :)

Those two examples - do you have news articles on them or anything? Not that I don't believe you, I'd just be curious about the details

Thumper

Autocross Champion

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Just bought all the pieces online to start my Zombie AR build. I know some people think it's dumb, I really like that kind of stuff so I said fuck it, sounds good to me!

Anderson complete upper with 16" steel barrel in 1/8 twist, anderson charging handle, anderson BCG, primary arms red dot, all for $350, not a bad price. Bought the Spikes Tactical Zombie lower, Spikes tactical lower kit, and a generic 6 position stock. Still need to buy my Zombie Outbreak Response Team grip to replace the one that comes with the lower kit, as well as my engraved charging handle, but otherwise I should be able to start assembly by Thursday, I'm stoked.
It'll be my first build, at least sort of build since the upper is coming complete...but still :D

Fingolfin

Ready to race!

Yeah i knew you meant the Glock...bad joke. :p

I understand the grip issue with Glocks though. My G19 feels great in the hand....until I hold a 1911 right after then it feels alien. I've thought about having it stippled by a custom shop.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Got this awhile back while I was gone:

California version with the longer brake and 10 round mag with CA mag catch.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
Oh, wow :drool:

Is that a Browning safe in the background?

Sent from some sort of Apple device.