GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official NFL thread

SFIrishFool

Ready to race!
Sweet VW nerds and NFL nerds. I've come to the right place.

Alas my 49ers and Raiders lived to suck another season, but with the hiring of Jim Harbaugh I'm excited, like optimistic for once.

please for the love of god get rid of Alex Smith, pawn him off on the Dolphins or Buffalo, 5 years and the kid still doesn't get it.

I'm reasonably sure that the NFL won't have a lockout next year, if they do they know they're going to lose a shit-ton of fans, not to mention any loyalty the players had in the owners, even though its pretty tense as it is now.

Please for the love of god stop these ridiculous fines for hits, its getting stupid, when I played football in HS, you knew as a WR that if you cross the middle, good chance you were gonna get lit up by a DB like myself, so QB's need to get better about not hanging their receivers out to dry with high passes.

/end rant.

I agree with what you said about the hits.

And no we dont want Alex Smith. Cam Newton is going somewhere near our pick so hopefully we pick him up. I would bust a nut. I like Chad Henne but he did not play well this season.

SFIrishFool

Ready to race!
The Niners won't take Newton, totally unlike the offense Jim Harbaugh likes to run.

I'd take a trade for Kevin Kolb though..

any other sports betters out there?

No fucking way Jay Cutler and DA BEARS cover a +10, this weekend against Seattle thats fucking insane, even for Vegas odds.

Bears will probably win, but by a FG I'm thinking.

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
I have money on both the Bears and Jets. So I'm hoping they come through. I despise the patriots.

SFIrishFool

Ready to race!
Green Bay over Chicago by 5

Pittsburgh over NY by 3

no way I'm betting on these spreads though, way too close.

SFIrishFool

Ready to race!
I like the Jets attitude and general disregard for anyone's idea of how good their team may be.

Now pressuring Big Ben is alot different than Brady cause he can actually, you know, move and stuff.

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Even when you pressure Ben hes the size of a linebacker so he can usually just shrug most sacks off. I do like the Jets heart though that makes them a dangerous team. I think its gunna be the Jets and Packers.

SFIrishFool

Ready to race!
Packers by 3 in the Super Bowl just cause the Steelers secondary seems to just give up in the second half.

19 points to dirty Sanchez and the Jets?!?!? and losing Pouncey is a big hit for them.

SFIrishFool

Ready to race!
Dom Capers the D coach of Green Bay is going to bring alot of fake blitzes and then drop everyone back into coverage to try and keep Big Ben on his toes and make bad throws.

And they'll disguise some blitzes to look like cover 2 then bring Mathews and Woodson probably on a delay pass rush to try to get at Ben.

The only problem I see is how do you cover Mike Wallace AND Santonio Holmes while trying to bring pressure on Ben?

The Steelers will just all out bull rush the Packers line, but Aaron Rodgers is gonna pick that shitty secondary apart.

Just talked for about an hour with my old football coach that I ran into at lunch lol

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Packers are playing well. But, I dont see the Steelers losing to Green Bay. I say Steelers by 10. Packers haven't met a D like the steelers have. ANd big ben has been here before. Matter a fact a lot of the Steelers have. All comes down how well Rodgers handles himself. He is in control of this teams fate.

SFIrishFool

Ready to race!
^Very true, but Green Bay's offense is more suited to a indoor field, Rodgers actually wears lacrosse shoes with nubs on them, his "comfy" shoes as he says, and after watching him run circles around Atlanta I believe it.

IF the Pack can slow down Pitt's running game, then they have a chance, but once Mendenhall gets going, fuck your screwed. That drive against the Jets? Was like 8:00 long.

Should be a good game, and every time they predict a defensive struggle its a offensive game (Steelers Packers 09') and every time they think its gonna be a points fest, its not (Oregon Auburn)

In reality, I couldn't give a shit who wins, I'm a 49er fan, but I gotta pull for the Nor Cal boy Rodgers.

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Agreed. I'm a Denver fan. Still jealous you guys landed Harbaugh. I thought he was coming to Denver, since Elway is Stanford Alum.

SFIrishFool

Ready to race!
And have to coach at Mile High? hahaha fuuuuuuck that Harbaugh said, I can coach the Niners and not even have to move? Done.

I bet you he told Andrew Luck, "Hey, just go back to school, next year when the Niners are 1-15 we'll draft you"

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
lol. True.

I hope Denver turns it around next year. I hope that everyone is wrong about Tebow and he turns out to be a golden ticket lol