GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The 'R Line is above Style' misconception

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
Yes picked it up yesterday, 1.5 etsi style dsg, reverse camera, in Atlantic Blue.
First time owner of a car with an auto box and am already impressed, need to be careful putting it in garage with auto though, not much room.
That's great! How long did you have to wait for it?

Topaz

Passed Driver's Ed
About four days, dealer gets a few in r lines and styles .
Its a 22 plate a few months old with 200 miles on the clock.
I couldn't wait for 12 months or more to get a car thats crazy, never buy new cars but the price of second hand ones ie 21 plate are nearly as much as new so got this one with two years roadside assistance and two years servicing.
Spent a bit more than I usually do when changing and the obvious way was PCP but no not for me!!
Dont want to leave it anywhere now such as car parks etc ....

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
About four days, dealer gets a few in r lines and styles .
Its a 22 plate a few months old with 200 miles on the clock.
I couldn't wait for 12 months or more to get a car thats crazy, never buy new cars but the price of second hand ones ie 21 plate are nearly as much as new so got this one with two years roadside assistance and two years servicing.
Spent a bit more than I usually do when changing and the obvious way was PCP but no not for me!!
Dont want to leave it anywhere now such as car parks etc ....
I wish my dealer did that... had to order a new one. Been 3 months now

EVO II

I own a 2021 style, but I think it's full options except a rear cam and head up display. The price difference in my country is only a few hundred dollars/euro's. But most cars in stock over here are R lines. And black, white or grey colored offcourse ^^.

Topaz

Passed Driver's Ed
Some more early thoughts on the style 1.5 etsi , does not handle as well as previous r line model, seems to be noisier on poor road surfaces (Tyre noise) , cannot seem to get comfortable with the seating position or maybe just me ?
Would rather have heated seats than the gimmick of different interior lighting settings.

Wallop

Go Kart Newbie
I too thought the car seemed noisy at first it seemed quite boomy from the rear but it vanished after the first few thousand miles.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Some more early thoughts on the style 1.5 etsi , does not handle as well as previous r line model, seems to be noisier on poor road surfaces (Tyre noise) , cannot seem to get comfortable with the seating position or maybe just me ?
Would rather have heated seats than the gimmick of different interior lighting settings.
Not a Golf (I’ve got a 2020 Polo GTI+), but I’ve also struggled in finding a comfortable seating position in my car. After months of making adjustments to the seat height, distance from pedals, backrest angle, lumbar support, height of the upper seat belt mount and steering wheel reach and rake, it’s better than it was, but it’s still not perfect. I’d suggest you spend a fair amount of time making adjustments, and hopefully you’ll find an acceptably comfortable seating position soon. You may find that handling (in particular the ride quality) can be improved by adjusting the tyre pressures slightly below VW’s recommended pressures. As for tyre noise - VW may be using less (or poorer quality) sound deadening material in their cars, either as a weight saving or cost cutting measure - if they are, they‘d no doubt say it’s for weight saving and emissions benefits rather than cost cutting. Some tyre brands do seem to generate more road noise than others too.

I just don’t get it why owners on some forums place so much importance on what you aptly describe as the gimmicks - maybe VAG have done a really good job at brainwashing owners into thinking the gimmicks are ‘must haves’ that they can’t live without. I’ve seen posts on some VAG forums where owners are asking if it’s possible to get even more additional colours for interior lighting! 😧🤣.

Another one I struggle with is the importance placed on having the sat nav display on both screens. Maybe many of those owners haven’t experienced owning ‘no frills‘ cars from the 1970’s - My first car didn’t have ‘luxuries’ like electric windscreen washers or even sun visors, let alone features such as electric windows, central locking or air con that are taken for granted these days. In-car infotainment was a basic two band LW / MW aftermarket radio. And route planning / map reading was a skill you soon learned if you planned on driving outside your local area.……🤔