GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Travel Thread - Where have you been?

How many countries have you been to?

• Total voters

Daks

Autocross Champion
Assuming all is well with the world, I'll do Slovenia, Croatia, and Montenegro next summer. Been on my list for a while, my wife probably has distant ancestors from Croatia.
You can't skip Belgrade - too good.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Places I’ve left the airport/train/bus station for work or pleasure:

43 US states and PR, Canada, Mexico, Panama, Belize, Honduras, Argentina, Cuba, Nicaragua, Peru, Ecuador, Djibouti, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, UAE, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Turkey, Czech Republic, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Kosovo, Austria, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Belgium, Poland, Switzerland, Portugal, UK, and Japan.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Not counting airport layovers,
In order:
Canada
Belize
Roatan (Honduras)
Grand Cayman ( UK Controlled)
Mexico ( 8 months total between different work trips)
Japan for a month
Spain
Finland for 2 months total
Sweden

Treadup

Autocross Champion
I’m heading to Spain for work next week. I’ll be flying my wife to Madrid after the project is complete. We’re staying in the center of the city near the museums and will be doing a lot of walking.
Anyone spent time in Madrid and have a must see recommendation?

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Arrived in Alcalá De Júcar in Albecete Spain for work today. Went for a run around town and took a few photos. The road into town is impressive but our rental car is not. Land Rover Discovery.
B147BC95-2035-4BE7-A270-D96D3256B8A4.jpeg
4A5BEE91-EBCE-46D7-B6CB-D8C4C2E9F107.jpeg
91845FA8-4379-49B3-B9CE-66292CF84DC7.jpeg

bentin

Autocross Champion
North America - Canada, Mexico, a couple of the Bahamas, Jamaica, I think I'm still under 40 US states.
Europe - England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, France, Spain, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Italy, Norway
Africa - Egypt and South Africa

Turbongr

Ready to race!
Great thread! Bounced around the four corners of the contiguous states growing up (Florida, Ca, PNW and NE) as well as spending a good bit of time driving around the country in a van w/ my Mom.

Ex-wife was German so we went there a bunch. Also spent some time in a few other European countries for fun as well as SE Asia. Thailand is my go to for sure, especially Northern Thailand. The Roads are AMAZING for riding/driving and you basically make up your own laws as you go. The Vegetarian Festival in Phuket City deserves a mention as well. Such an intense experience that I was blessed (I don't use that word lightly) to stumbled into.

Countries:
USA
Mexico
Germany
Austria
Hungary
Japan
Thailand
Myanmar (when it was still Burma......only rode a few miles of trail near Mae Hong Son but it seemed like a big deal at the time so I toss it in)

AM407

Autocross Champion
Canada
USA
Jamaica
Bahamas
UK (England, Scotland)
France
Germany
Italy
Switzerland
Spain