GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Ultimate "Driver's" Road Trip

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
IIRC I think DeAuto is out of NY

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
I have yet to log into OBD11 and there not be a fault. The car will find something to complain about. The one time it had a radio fault for the AUX!?! WTF, it is working great. Unless it throws a light at ya I wouldn’t worry to much about them. Glad you for it working tho 👍
Curious. I have VagCOM, had it for years. I run a complete scan, just because GTI, usually every month. As I stated before, I don't race but I don't baby the car, I run it pretty hard. I rarely get any fault codes coming up, and when they do I usually know something's wrong already beforehand. I've never had VagCom pop false codes. I haven't ever used OBD11, but I've heard other people say it pops up faults all the time. No idea if they're false...?
That is trash

I think THIS is what you actually meant to install
Yes, for sure. OEM is best on these VW's. I've spent lots of bucks in the past trying all kinds of after-market stuff, some better than others, some quite good quality, admittedly. But I've always ended up back with OEM for fit/finish/durability.

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
Click buy, see where it takes you? Lol I've never seen someone have this many problems.
If you still have issues email in and I'll get you with the right person to get it sorted.
Buy just took me to the play store to buy it, no options there.
And I think it's as simple as my code isn't long enough. Lol my luck right?

Yes, for sure. OEM is best on these VW's. I've spent lots of bucks in the past trying all kinds of after-market stuff, some better than others, some quite good quality, admittedly. But I've always ended up back with OEM for fit/finish/durability.

As far as the headlights go, like I said DeAutoLED was shocked to hear it failed. They literally expect these to last the lifetime of the car, and they're well made. Fit and look like OEM. I definitely plan to upgrade my high beams thigh them, too. I would actually but them right now and have them sent next day air with my lows if I wasn't talking with my exhaust guy.
Might be going home with a new titanium exhaust, and if not I'll have it shipped to me, but I'm buying it one way or another. Definitely won't be fun lugging my old exhaust around, though, but if it saves $100+ of shipping I'll live. All depends on if I can secure funds (don't worry I'm still doing my tensioner ASAP that's priority).

I'm a princess and I need the best at all times. I almost never cheap out and buy lower quality parts (other than AEM for original parts). That's why when a titanium exhaust, and a one-off at that, popped up I jumped on it.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Yep. Working on VWs for 15 years has taught me one solid rule: Buy nice, or buy twice

Not saying everything under the sun must be OEM but you should at least go for an OEM supplier.

And with these new VWs, you have to, HAVE to, get the lighting package. It is just so worth it the stock halogens are garbage in every way, from the bulbs included to the reflector housings themselves.

I have the OEM Xenons with the swivel function on my GTI and they are by far the best head lights I have ever owned. I thought I could get away with the halogens on my mk7 GSW when I bought it new.

Never again.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Im so confused now... this is the SECOND time you have done this? o_O