GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Unofficial New England Introduce yourself Thread!

Qwerty978

Ready to race!
It's a little dead here in this group and I know we can do better than that lol. I know there are many MK7 drivers around here. Post a picture or video of your car!

Ill start off by saying. Hi my name is Therra. I drive an 2016 Pure White 2DR GTI S. It's unmolested for now so I really dont have any nice pictures to post up yet. I do have a drone though and I would really like to get some nice footages of some MK7s together.

https://vimeo.com/163318123

Last edited:

Zsmith

Hi Therra, I'm glad you started this thread, I was thinking it would be great to meet some locals. My name is Zach, I'm from Boston, I also drive a Pure White GTI but mine is a 2015 SE 4 door.

So far I've only done easily removable or cosmetic mods. Got a set of VMR 710's with PSS, jb1, dv+, dogbone mount insert, muffler delete, eds replicas and some wrap (silver stripe on grill, black mirrors).

Definitely plan on going further once the car is out of warranty, likely full exhaust, stage 2 tune, intercooler, upgrade clutch, intake and springs/coilovers. This car has really given me the bug for modifying, the jb1 really wakes the car up, can't wait to feel stage 2!

Where are you located Therra? Would be cool to get together for some drone pictures if we can get a group.

Zsmith

Oh and I forgot to put up some pics.

SmokeyGTI

Ready to race!
Hey guys! My names Tristan. I'm from the north shore MA area. Purchased my mk7 GTI back in January. Don't have many good pics yet but here's one on the day I bought it

As for mods planned I think they'll be cosmetic mostly. I'm happy with stock performance : )

Sent from my Sprint iPhone using Tapatalk

Qwerty978

Ready to race!
Been so busy over the weekend. But nice cars guys =)

I just installed ED Replicas Headlights with the red stripe today with the euro light switch. Ill be sure to upload a picture soon.

Qwerty978

Ready to race!

Whispaz

Passed Driver's Ed
Finally, a Boston thread that'll give us a better idea of who's around.
I'm Chris, from Boston. Picked mine up this February and so far just have mostly cosmetic stuff done: roof vinyl, tint, VWR springs, ECS flush kit, ECS street shield, CTS BOV, APR intake, Helix headlights w/ HIDs, dat bass, and roof rack with the cargo box because it's softball season. Had lamin-x tails but I liked the red on red look more so for the most part if looks pretty bare.
Since I still have under 2,000 miles so I'm waiting at least a couple more months before going with the APR stage 1 tune and exhaust. Leaning towards the AWE track cbe but I haven't found anyone around here with an exhaust yet to get a better idea of what they all sound like.

fudsey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MkV GTI
Hey everyone, Names Keith and I live in Raymond, NH and have VCDS if anyone needs some tweaks. Hit me up here and we can work something out.

rsw81

Name's Rob, and just took delivery of a Lapiz Blue Golf R (2016) 6MT with DCC. Live in Newton, MA and work down in Braintree. Perfect car for a gear head with two kids! Planning on keeping the car as stock as possible. Maybe a Stage I APR flash later.

SmokeyGTI

Ready to race!
Name's Rob, and just took delivery of a Lapiz Blue Golf R (2016) 6MT with DCC. Live in Newton, MA and work down in Braintree. Perfect car for a gear head with two kids! Planning on keeping the car as stock as possible. Maybe a Stage I APR flash later.

Seen a couple Lapiz blue R's around lately. Saw a chic driving one on rt 38 in Tewksbury the other day. Love that color!

Qwerty978

Ready to race!
Anybody interested in a Dyno Day? Looking to get a baseline soon itll be nice to show the difference in mods and such.

We need more New Englanders!! Dont be shy

smgti15

Passed Driver's Ed
New to owning an MK7 gti

Hey guys,

Just joined not too long ago and I have owned my mk7 for around 3 or 4 weeks at this point. It is a reflex silver 4 door 6mt. I Love the car so far. It has been great fun and I love the mixture between a refined looking interior, sporty performance, with hatchback versatility and utility.

I have order my first modification so far which is the APR carbon fiber intake. Although it is pricey I was looking for a closed system that would deliver some change in sound and some performance enhancement without being too obnoxiously loud or different than stock. I should be installing it this week when it comes in and I will share pics when I get the chance.

Additionally, looking for a reasonable tint shop that does quality work on the weekend. In the Boston area. Any ideas?

Qwerty978

Ready to race!

Here's my MK7.

Just Thule'd it over the weekend.