GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thinking of getting a WRX

ElusiveGTI

Ready to race!
Was a good review yes, but I cannot afford an r. And there are no used r's for decent $ since they just came out. I dunno what I want to do. I'm torn.

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
Was a good review yes, but I cannot afford an r. And there are no used r's for decent $ since they just came out. I dunno what I want to do. I'm torn.

If you like the car buy it. Get a intake, downpipe and a tune. You will have a lot of power if that's what you are concerned about.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Also take MPG into account. Boxer engines are NOT known for their fuel economy, especially ones with turbos. The 2011 WRX EPA is 19 city/25 highway. Compare that to the GTI at 24 city/32 highway.

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
Oh ok. Stage 1 GTI is = to a WRX just about.

I would never buy a WRX. I would get a STI, the biggest reason is the transmission. WRX has that crappy 5 speed.

Maybe in a straight line.

A stock WRX would own a stage 1 GTI from a dig or in the twisties. Also the only issue with the 5 speeds was second gear, which hasn't really been a problem for 4-5 years.

I loved my STI, but driving them on the daily gets tiresome. They are LOUD and cheap feeling.

Noize

Go Kart Champion
Ditch Cobb and get custom Ecuflash tuned. Save hundreds and have full access to your own ECU.

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
Doesn't Cobb offer custom tunes?

Yes but its the same thing as a protune. Pretty much all Subi tuners can download their custom maps to the accessport allowing you to flip back to stock whenever needed.

Most people net 15-20hp and 30-40lbs of tq when they protune vs a OTS map from Cobb (these are STI #'s, I don't have much knowledge of tuned REX's).

ElusiveGTI

Ready to race!
I'm 23 and looking for an aggressive car. Always wanted a WRX but I love my gti and would love to go ko4 someday. How do they compare. Ko4 compared to modified wrx. Any idea?

Noize

Go Kart Champion
I'm 23 and looking for an aggressive car. Always wanted a WRX but I love my gti and would love to go ko4 someday. How do they compare. Ko4 compared to modified wrx. Any idea?

FWD sucks at K04 power levels. Do you want a wheel hopping machine that is tractionless until third gear? Do you only care about street racing on the interstate? If you answered no to either, get the Subie.

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
All signs point to wrx. When I drive it tomorrow I will update.

If your <25 be prepared to pay up the ass for insurance. My insurance dropped over 100 a month when I sold the STI for the GTI and from what I understand the WRX is higher.

Butt posted from my Galaxy Note II