GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thinking of getting a WRX

maisonvi

Ready to race!
I may be biased....mazdaspeed 3. Although if you are looking for new then they wont be offering it next year I believe.

BackToVWs

Ready to race!
I may be biased....mazdaspeed 3. Although if you are looking for new then they wont be offering it next year I believe.

Fast car, but one of the worst interiors in the biz, with that teeny nav and vomit inducing red mesh seats

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2

maisonvi

Ready to race!
Fast car, but one of the worst interiors in the biz, with that teeny nav and vomit inducing red mesh seats

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2

I will agree on quick. I dont have issues with the interior, but the gen1 is a lot nicer than the gen2 in my opinion. Also, I dont ever spec nav stuff in my car, base model as much as possible when it comes to interior accessories (but I may be in the minority in that aspect)

I just brought it up because it has the power and toque that seem to be an issue, gets relatively good mileage (about 30 if driven nice on the hwy).

Bender1

Banned

For the sacrifice you make on the interior you might as well get the Rex and get the better drivetrain and engine.

I dont have issues with the interior, but the gen1 is a lot nicer than the gen2 in my opinion.
Agreed - 2nd gen interior was awful.

maisonvi

Ready to race!
For the sacrifice you make on the interior you might as well get the Rex and get the better drivetrain and engine.

Agreed - 2nd gen interior was awful.

You guys are so funny about interior. I honestly dont think either gen is that bad. You want bad, look at an evo 8/9. As long as an interior meets a minimum line to me Im good, and the MS3 meets that, but again, Im in the minority there.

I will admit, I would love the AWD that comes with a WRX, but if I went that route it would have to be STI and thats just too much money for me right now. If the OP can afford it, I dont think its a bad way to go at all.

Bender1

Banned
You guys are so funny about interior. I honestly dont think either gen is that bad. You want bad, look at an evo 8/9. As long as an interior meets a minimum line to me Im good, and the MS3 meets that, but again, Im in the minority there.

For me, the GTI is about the minimum. ;)

barische

Go Kart Champion
u work at a subaru dealership and still havent gotten a WRX, or STI.. Just go get STI, Im sure they will give u a great deal since you work there, get employee discount.. If you ringland im sure they will treat you nice and warranty your repairs and since you are already at the shop you can get ur car fixed right on the spot

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
What about something like a tuned B6 or B7 A4?

You can get into WRX performance with those for similar prices but better fuel mileage, better interiors, and lower insurance rates.

:lol: He wants to get rid of the GTI for reliability issues. Somehow I doubt a seven year old Audi is going to fix this problem.

I will admit, I would love the AWD that comes with a WRX, but if I went that route it would have to be STI and thats just too much money for me right now. If the OP can afford it, I dont think its a bad way to go at all.

Most here are, I thought the MS3s interior was totally fine (second gen). Tiny nav screen... who cares? Anyone who buys nav on a car is a sucker, my $200 Garmin from 2007 is probably better than 90% of OEM nav today. Don't even ask me about my GS3. I get going with the nav package for the headlights on this car, but seeking it out is just dumb.

ElusiveGTI

Ready to race!
I work at a ford dealership. Not a Subaru. If I did your right I would already have a wrx or Sti. From what I'm understanding. An Sti is cheaper than a wrx in insurance?

Noize

Go Kart Champion

No doubt. Way too many dash molesters here. If you value performance, get the Subie and don't look back. Let all the Audi and K04 GTI stuff fall on deaf ears.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
WRX is a cheap fast car. But then you'd be a WRX driver, and no offense to those that drive them on here, but the peeps I know that have them (3 at my work alone) are total douchenozzles. They think that their shit doesn't stink cause they drive one. One guy even upbadged it to STI. It's ridiculous. It's a $25k car, not a damn Ferrari.

I hope you aren't like that. Then it's ok. Maybe its the boy racer looks or stigma. I dunno.