GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thinking of getting a WRX

ElusiveGTI

Ready to race!
SO my 2010 keeps having random problems. CEL every like 1k miles always something different. I love the car but I'm sick of dumping money into it. The clutch is starting to slip, more $. Even with all the problems I STILL LOVE DRIVING MY CAR. I guess my question is, is it worth it? I'm only stage 1 and I produce more power for the $ with my GTI. Anyone on here ever own one? Any input? I work at a dealership and we have a 2011 sedan with 14k miles. I can sell my car for a profit and get into this WRX pretty cheap.

dtraill27

Go Kart Champion
I traded my 2010 gti in on a 2011 wrx in January and haven't looked back. It's the first car I've had that I can see keeping for a while. I love the aggressive look and its a lot of fun to drive. That said the interior is almost completely plastic but that doesn't bother me.

ElusiveGTI

Ready to race!
I traded my 2010 gti in on a 2011 wrx in January and haven't looked back. It's the first car I've had that I can see keeping for a while. I love the aggressive look and its a lot of fun to drive. That said the interior is almost completely plastic but that doesn't bother me.

Power difference?

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
I know you can turn a WRX into a beast, but the hp output and torque output is less than the GTI

No it's not. WRX 265hp and a WRX STI is 305hp. VW's are very underpowered compared to Subaru's and Evo's stock, even the R is as well

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Oh ok. Stage 1 GTI is = to a WRX just about.

I would never buy a WRX. I would get a STI, the biggest reason is the transmission. WRX has that crappy 5 speed.

Yeah. And I love the torque of the GTI, esp at stage 1. The WRX feels so much slower. I'd mention the exterior and interior but those are subjective.

... As if the butt dyno isn't. Oh well :rolleyes:

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
If you're looking at sedans, I'd try to find a good deal on a used Evo X (this coming from a former STI owner). The only reason I'd pick a current-gen STI over an Evo is for the hatch version.

ElusiveGTI

Ready to race!
I've always wanted a wrx. I'm afraid to lose the fun/ torque of my gti. Just sick of the bs.
Sti may be out of my price range at the moment.

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
I've always wanted a wrx. I'm afraid to lose the fun/ torque of my gti. Just sick of the bs.
Sti may be out of my price range at the moment.

If a STI is out of your price range so is a EVO.

You are not going to lose power with a WRX. You are not going to lose torque either. Stock WRX is 265 hp and 244 torque. Basically the same as a stage 1 GTI. Also, why wouldn't you tune a WRX if you tuned your GTI?