GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

This forum is almost dead

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
eyyy so something weird is happening... So like when i drive and come to a stop (like after applying medium brake pressure and on.. doesnt really do it with barely applying the brake) i hear a clunk before coming to a stop. Its only one clunk and i dont hear a clunk when i accelerate just when i brake again.
Feels/sounds like its coming from under my feet. Any suggestions on what to look for/what yall think it is?
Rotor deposit ? try to do some hard stops see if it goes away.

Is this when your car is still cold or all the time? If when mainly cold...do you have hpa puck? dsg downshifting to first possibly...mounts and puck yeah .
Sounds like carbon cleaning time

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

:laugh::laugh:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
My guess would be that your intake is hitting the brake resevoir when the car settles. If you have stock engine mounts you'd really be surprised how much play there is, the g forces of the engine stopping and then settling would cause it to rock and and forth, the intake pipe is very common to hit the brake resevoir and make it feel like it's coming through the pedal.
im not feeling it in the pedal but the actual floor. Like under the car near my feet area.

Yeahh im familiar with the reservoir and pedal vibrations it took 2-3 attempts at adjusting the intake to get it off of it and not cause that.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Rotor deposit ? try to do some hard stops see if it goes away.

Is this when your car is still cold or all the time? If when mainly cold...do you have hpa puck? dsg downshifting to first possibly...mounts and puck yeah .

:laugh::laugh:
It seems to happen all the time. Granted my driving is rather short time.. ill be using the car for quite a while this evening and report back if its not noticeable later on.

Ill try some hard braking and see what happens.

No puck but i do have a 034 billet insert all other mounts are stock. (also yes DSG but i dont think its transmission clunking in first but it could be... ill have to pay more attention and see if i can replicate it while in 1st gear)

Yakuzi

Ready to race!
Try checking for any pieces of asphalt in the subframe, i had a similar clunk noise to yours. Torqued everything to spec only to find a broken bit of asphalt from the road sliding around in my subframe when i reinstalled my exhaust lmao

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Try checking for any pieces of asphalt in the subframe, i had a similar clunk noise to yours. Torqued everything to spec only to find a broken bit of asphalt from the road sliding around in my subframe when i reinstalled my exhaust lmao

That or it could be the subframe clanging around cause no deadset kit

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I need to jack the car up today and take a look under. I haven't really used the car a lot lately since i got the bike

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
You got a sena on your helmet?

The sena is awesome. Even just for Am/FM radio. Definitely recommend getting one.

Of course! First the i bought was a helmet and Sena. Love the intercom function.. barely ever listen to music or talk on the phone but well worth it just for the intercom and talking to my buddy while riding along.

zrickety

The Fixer
150k and climbing. No carbon clean, just 3000+rpm driving whenever I can to burn it off. Beast mode activated...

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
With my water pump going out last month and my radiator starting to leak this month, all I can say is if this trend continues, I'm ditching the GTI soon! I generally expect to get to 100k before I need to start spending $200 to $300 replacing parts that fail every month, not 60,000 miles where I am just out of warranty.

On the bright side, I did perform a carbon clean last month while I had the intake manifold off to change the water pump and my MPG increased after doing that! I believe my old job, where I spent the bulk of my commute in stop and go traffic, contributed to the carbon build-up. At least my current job is mostly spent moving, albeit a further commute, so I would hope that would keep the carbon down for another 60,000 miles. Granted, if misc crap keeps failing on a monthly basis, I don't know how much longer I will put up with it.

Jack Sparrow

Passed Driver's Ed
Its sad. When i first joined and for a few years after i could come on and see 10s of threads every day multiple times a day. Always with activity and unread post multiple times a day in each of those threads.

Now i see roughly 3-5 threads(barely ever a new thread) maybe and rarely a unread post until the next day after i check/reply in the morning.

Its sad to see how slow this forum has gotten... I enjoyed coming on here often while at work and seeing all new stuff for a quick break from the office. Now i come on and there's maybe a post in the "What did you do to your car thread" and that's about it.

Even the off topic has died a horrible death. The literal last post in the off topic lounge was over a week ago.

I miss the old days :thumbdown:

Kinda feels like it is...I'm new and have tons of questions. Would be nice if the OG's were still around to help pass on their knowledge.