GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

This forum is almost dead

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
While you're on the topic, I'm stuck between going stage 2 or k04. Already have DP and intake. Not interested in racing from stop lights. More of a backroad twisties kind of guy. So 8-900$ for a tune/install/cable, or 3k for k04?

I'd definitely go for the k04. I wish I skipped stage1/2 and went straight to a k04.

Yakuzi

Ready to race!
So I locked in a deal for a used ed35 bumper (complete assembly) for $800 cash with someone local earlier this week, I even offered to leave a deposit. Low and behold, couple days later the dude flakes out and says he wont let it go for just $800 anymore. -.- /rant

Damn flakers man.

Yakuzi

Ready to race!
Seriously, word doesnt count anything these days. Been a while since I've been flaked on by a seller smh.

clownish

just clowning around
I sold a set of wheels that apparently got damaged in shipping but in over a dozen sets of wheels sold I’ve never had issues before. Plus this guy has been so uncooperative [emoji849] at least things seem to be settled amicably. I hope. I just want things settled and over so I can move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Yea my first set of wheels sold got damaged and I felt bad. Was able to work something out with the buyer. But you hate to have that come up

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Seriously, word doesnt count anything these days. Been a while since I've been flaked on by a seller smh.
I went to buy OEM tails. $350 plus my stock tails and i would have to drive like 4 hours to get them. She agreed (she was gonna drive like an hour north of her and i would meet her like 3 hours south of me). Then day before deal i message to make sure its all gravy before driving 3 hours and she backs out because her friend said she shouldn't sell them for less than $600 and basically was asking me to pay more. I noped out and i think she is still rocking them to this day.

I wasnt bitter over it because she did tell me before the drive about her second thoughts on it. She was just a 18 year old kid so i just kind took it as a learning experience to not deal with people from Instagram and keep it way more local for sales/buys.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I've been pretty lucky with all my forum sales. There was one time I didn't think the sale was gonna go through. I was selling some work equips for about $650. This guy wanted to buy them, I didn't really want to ship, but he "had a friend" that was going to be in the state, so she could pick them up for him. We each had about a 3 hour drive to meet in the middle, but she was probably about 2 hours late and wasn't that great about answering her phone. I texted her at some point when I got to the general area we were planning to meet and she was still so far away I got back onto the highway and kept driving towards her. I didn't really think she was gonna show up, but she did eventually. I thought I was being trolled for a bit.

Jack Sparrow

Passed Driver's Ed
How much would you guys pay for a Golf R bumper? Any trustworthy sites sell replicas?

clownish

just clowning around
How much would you guys pay for a Golf R bumper? Any trustworthy sites sell replicas?

OEM is about $300 for a GTI or Golf R bumper cover. Ebay or the like there are some decent replicas for about half that or a little less that people have had success with. I think the key difference is the molding of the washer caps - the reps body lines have the caps above the bumper line crease and the OEM version has the line going through it. Fitment takes a little work but can be almost spot on.

I'd use OEM bumper guides as they aren't too expensive and they do fit properly - but not if you keep taking the bumper cover off and on frequently as that destroys their hold.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
OEM is about $300 for a GTI or Golf R bumper cover. Ebay or the like there are some decent replicas for about half that or a little less that people have had success with. I think the key difference is the molding of the washer caps - the reps body lines have the caps above the bumper line crease and the OEM version has the line going through it. Fitment takes a little work but can be almost spot on.

I'd use OEM bumper guides as they aren't too expensive and they do fit properly - but not if you keep taking the bumper cover off and on frequently as that destroys their hold.

Yeah I need to buy new guides. My bumper has been off probably 20 times at this point. The last time I had everything apart a few weeks ago it didn't want to go on correctly and one of the headlights is lower than the other preventing it from fitting correctly. Sigh.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
I went to buy OEM tails. $350 plus my stock tails and i would have to drive like 4 hours to get them. She agreed (she was gonna drive like an hour north of her and i would meet her like 3 hours south of me). Then day before deal i message to make sure its all gravy before driving 3 hours and she backs out because her friend said she shouldn't sell them for less than $600 and basically was asking me to pay more. I noped out and i think she is still rocking them to this day.

I wasnt bitter over it because she did tell me before the drive about her second thoughts on it. She was just a 18 year old kid so i just kind took it as a learning experience to not deal with people from Instagram and keep it way more local for sales/buys.

Must be something with people looking to sell tails. In all likelihood, it's just people's word means shit nowadays.

Had an agreement via text to purchase some OEM tails...can't remember exact amount...$300 maybe? Anyway, I know it was such a good deal that I was more than willing to pay for shipping on top of asking price. No questions asked. We agreed.

Day they were supposed to be shipped I get a text saying, NM...got a local person to buy them. When I said I thought we had a deal, they basically said they couldn't be bothered with dealing with shipping. I offered to throw them an extra $50 for their trouble and all they said was "sorry, they're gone."

People, FFS.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Wow.. wut da phuk is dat? Honestly met a lot of cool people ive bought from and some were cool to ship to Canada or fam spot in Fla. Gotta knock wood for integrity. Not everyone is a solid character