GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

This forum is almost dead

pdan

Ready to race!
Damn I’ve always wanted to get a bike. My dad used to race and I rode motor cross a little when I was younger, but my mom always flat out refused. However now I’m considering it even more.

I’m attempting to get the GTI registered in Florida, so that means trolling insurance companies all day today trying to find decent insurance that won’t financially ruin me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I don't trust people enough to drive a bike. Makes me feel like there's something about me that makes me invisible and people are constantly cutting me right the fuck off. My dad has had a bike for as long as I can remember but it's not something I ever got into.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I don't trust people enough to drive a bike. Makes me feel like there's something about me that makes me invisible and people are constantly cutting me right the fuck off. My dad has had a bike for as long as I can remember but it's not something I ever got into.

*mainly i never learned to ride cause outer me says ill be responsible and wont ride crazy. "inner darkside me" knows ill split cars and ride like its motogp after 3 months.

*reason 2. texting/ distracted drivers

*reason 3. pot holes

*reason 4 distracted stupid drivers

*reason 5. cold weather state..only few months out of year to enjoy riding

*reason 6. distracted stupid drivers.

Id probably only ride in california since legal to lane split.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
lol, Pretty much...Plus I'm in FL, so half the year it's busy as hell with snowbirds from all over the country, and ontario, so you see some of the worst drivers ever.

My friend just bought his first bike a couple months ago and he was trying to talk me into it. I live on the water though, so I'd rather buy a jetski.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
lol, Pretty much...Plus I'm in FL, so half the year it's busy as hell with snowbirds from all over the country, and ontario, so you see some of the worst drivers ever.

My friend just bought his first bike a couple months ago and he was trying to talk me into it. I live on the water though, so I'd rather buy a jetski.

you spelled waverunner wrong :iono:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
you spelled waverunner wrong :iono:

lol...Got me there I guess. I just call em all jet skis, but if I bought one I'm sure it'd be a yamaha. We love our yamahas down here.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
lol...Got me there I guess. I just call em all jet skis, but if I bought one I'm sure it'd be a yamaha. We love our yamahas down here.

I really enjoy "old people" florida, is that bad? :iono:

Fort myers/cape coral area...with the canal houses that have boat docks.

Fort lauderdale didnt really do it for me, boat mansion tour was cool but very high income area.

Where you about in florida?

pdan

Ready to race!
*mainly i never learned to ride cause outer me says ill be responsible and wont ride crazy. "inner darkside me" knows ill split cars and ride like its motogp after 3 months.

*reason 2. texting/ distracted drivers

*reason 3. pot holes

*reason 4 distracted stupid drivers

*reason 5. cold weather state..only few months out of year to enjoy riding

*reason 6. distracted stupid drivers.

Id probably only ride in california since legal to lane split.

Number 1 reason I haven’t gotten a bike yet...other people suck. It’s terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I really enjoy "old people" florida, is that bad? :iono:

Fort myers/cape coral area...with the canal houses that have boat docks.

Fort lauderdale didnt really do it for me, boat mansion tour was cool but very high income area.

Where you about in florida?

Fort Myers ;)

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Fort Myers ;)

Dang man , nice.

Was there for vacation last year...really nice places to stay at. Ecoboost mustang convertibles rentals EVERYWHERE. :laugh:

Went to a really touristy place called "the boat house" down in cape coral. You may or may not know it..but yeah id love to buy a house off the canal. The people in your state actually move over out of the fast lane, however what the heck is going on with your stoplights? 5 min wait if you get a light. :mad0259:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Dang man , nice.

Was there for vacation last year...really nice places to stay at. Ecoboost mustang convertibles rentals EVERYWHERE. :laugh:

Went to a really touristy place called "the boat house" down in cape coral. You may or may not know it..but yeah id love to buy a house off the canal. The people in your state actually move over out of the fast lane, however what the heck is going on with your stoplights? 5 min wait if you get a light. :mad0259:

Yea, I know where that is.

They're not very good at syncing lights down here. I have to regularly drive down at least a few roads where if you end up hitting 1 light you end up hitting every light. It's ridiculous. There's also quite a few intersections where you end up sitting through the light for 2-3 green lights before you can finally get through it, but that usually only happens during season and during rush hour. There should be a law that if you're retired you're not allowed to be on the road between 5-6pm...let the working folks get home at a decent time. lol

Like the bridge to get into Cape Coral is insane every day from 5-6pm. I have to head that direction but then I take a left turn under the bridge instead of going over it. People are pretty good about staying in the left 2 lanes and the right lane is usually open and not many people driving it, since the right lane doesn't go to the bridge.

Last edited: