GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tiguan Hatch won't open

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I've got a 2017 Tiguan S, no power lift gate, and it wont open. almost like the button isnt working. anyone know why this would happen? We've been getting some heavy rain so maybe the rain somehow got in and is causing problems?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I've got a 2017 Tiguan S, no power lift gate, and it wont open. almost like the button isnt working. anyone know why this would happen? We've been getting some heavy rain so maybe the rain somehow got in and is causing problems?
You could have a short local to the latch mechanism, yeah. Maybe start at the fuse box first and see if maybe it's just a popped fuse.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
You could have a short local to the latch mechanism, yeah. Maybe start at the fuse box first and see if maybe it's just a popped fuse.
I ended up taking it all apart and pulling the module out, tried to take that apart but its permanently staked to be tamper-proof so I couldnt take it down further. After I put it back in the problem fixed itself. pretty sure it was just some water that got in somehow

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I ended up taking it all apart and pulling the module out, tried to take that apart but its permanently staked to be tamper-proof so I couldnt take it down further. After I put it back in the problem fixed itself. pretty sure it was just some water that got in somehow
Glad you got it sorted.