GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Time zone changin

chasdrury

Since Friday when the car is set to Automatic time it thinks i'm in GMT -7 (i am GMT -6 - central time). If i set it to -6 manually, the next time i restart the car it's -7 again! Very frustrating. I found some threads from last year that it was a problem around this time too - when the US changes the clocks a week before Europe - surely it can't really be that again can it?

Scal

I have the same issue with mine and VW Australia have no idea why. My MK7.5 has a Summer (DST) option which would fix it.

Raytoe

Since Friday when the car is set to Automatic time it thinks i'm in GMT -7 (i am GMT -6 - central time). If i set it to -6 manually, the next time i restart the car it's -7 again! Very frustrating. I found some threads from last year that it was a problem around this time too - when the US changes the clocks a week before Europe - surely it can't really be that again can it?

I’m having the same issue. Also in CST. Car continues to think I’m in MST. Navigation knows where I am and correctly identifies my position on the car’s internal map. Clock seems to revert to MST when given a chance to “phone home” and correct the time zone.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Sounds like a lot of Mk8s are doing this. Mine said it was changing to MST but still displays CST. I only recently changed from manual to being tied to my phone clock, but it sounds like its effecting either setting. EU clocks just changed, so it sounds like it's related to that, they just forgot to have US/CA cars ignore the EU change.

Mark Strambi

I live in NSW Australia. The car thinks it is in South Korea. If you take it out of auto time zone and do a manual setting it will revert to South Korea zone within 5 minutes of starting the car. Dealers just shrug their shoulders and say "waiting for a solution from VW".