GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Touch Sliders Not Working??

NomYap

Hello!

Just bought myself a 2020 MK8 1.5 eTSI MHEV Life and I simply cannot figure out how to activate/use the touch sliding controls (for volume and temperature) under the infotainment screen.

Is it disabled on my car or something? Is this a fault?

If anyone can shed any light on this, I'd be very grateful - everything else seems completely fine at the moment other than this.

Thanks in advance :)

CombatCQB

I place my finger on one side of the controls (blue/red, -/+) and drag into the opposite side of the controls and it seem to work fine for me.

LMWT

Go Kart Newbie
Touch or slide they should work, not aware of any way to disable / enable them. Assume volume and temperature are otherwise working. Some would be delighted if they weren't working - they're not illuminated in the dark and too easy to touch them if performing other touch screen controls.

Personally I never use the volume slider, the temperature ones sometimes - especially the two finger tap for the heated seats.
With all the negative comments about the infotainment system, I usually set those controls when I get into the car and I use the voice control for adjusting as well.
My advice - get to know the car and its controls and its not nearly as bad as a lot of reviewers make out.
Finally I always repeat this - though every other control is backlit e.g. sunroof slider, why were the volume and temp sliders not, they are in every other VW models bar the ID series which are the same as the Golf Mk8. It actually seems like someone forgot to include them.

NomYap

Touch or slide they should work, not aware of any way to disable / enable them. Assume volume and temperature are otherwise working. Some would be delighted if they weren't working - they're not illuminated in the dark and too easy to touch them if performing other touch screen controls.

Personally I never use the volume slider, the temperature ones sometimes - especially the two finger tap for the heated seats.
With all the negative comments about the infotainment system, I usually set those controls when I get into the car and I use the voice control for adjusting as well.
My advice - get to know the car and its controls and its not nearly as bad as a lot of reviewers make out.
Finally I always repeat this - though every other control is backlit e.g. sunroof slider, why were the volume and temp sliders not, they are in every other VW models bar the ID series which are the same as the Golf Mk8. It actually seems like someone forgot to include them.

Thank you for the detailed response. I can confirm that the volume and temp stuff are working perfectly as expected but yes, the sliders under the infotainment aren't functioning at all and I've tried everything. It's quite concerning to hear that there's no way of disabling or enabling them.
I think I'll contact the dealer to get more info on this, I'm guessing it's a fault.

Overall I've driven about 5 hrs in total so far in the car and I'm really enjoying myself, apart from Waze getting stuck at times at CarPlay, I've had no issues/lag with the infotainment - so far so good!

Just would love to get to the bottom of this slider thing too :)

NomYap

Update - I called the dealer/service centre and they've booked me in for 2 months time to take a look at this issue under warranty.

NomYap

TWO MONTHS 😳. Don’t tell me. “Due to Covid”.
Not sure what the deal is really. Thankfully I can live with this problem until then. Am happy I have 2 years warranty left on this car for these reasons.
Hoping to make a list of any other issues that may occur during this time. Hopefully I can get the latest software update then too!

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Has the OP tried 'tapping' the slider controls ? The only sliders I adjust once under way are the temp controls, the radio volume I alter via the steering wheel buttons.....