GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Toyota GR Corolla Discussion

the

Autocross Champion
That whole car is weird, 3 cylinder, check, carbon roof, check, ugly ass body kit, check, 3 exhausts, and now 4 doors, but 2 seats, but like you said, you gotta love it
I liked the tire bar they put in there for taking the track tires in the back. But with only 200 of those being made and the price point... It's probably going to be supra entry level

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I liked the tire bar they put in there for taking the track tires in the back. But with only 200 of those being made and the price point... It's probably going to be supra entry level
Whatever they're worth now doesn't matter. In 20 years, it'll sell for 200k like that 123 mile S2000 CR.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Although in the future at current inflation rates 200 grand will only be about $400

By my "calculations" the 2023 Gorolla will be 20 million dollars by 2053. Just for perspective 911's will be around 150 million by then.

Lloyd rule. ;)

bfury5

Autocross Champion
That whole car is weird, 3 cylinder, check, carbon roof, check, ugly ass body kit, check, 3 exhausts, and now 4 doors, but 2 seats, but like you said, you gotta love it
Part of me is hoping they put the 3cyl in a normal Corolla hatch (no widebody) and leave it fwd. Thing would chooch

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Part of me is hoping they put the 3cyl in a normal Corolla hatch (no widebody) and leave it fwd. Thing would chooch

No widebody would be good or at least better integrated, but keep the awd

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
It's going to be had to even find one to buy at anything reassembling a reasonable price.

Too bad, it looks like a hoot.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Could take time to get one of any trim at any price.

Right now, 28 new BRZ on autotrader, nationwide.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220608-133042.png
    Screenshot_20220608-133042.png
    541.8 KB · Views: 138

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
I'm curious what it can do in an ST* autocross trim. mild tune and proper suspension and I bet it's a riot
It started with the cvt wrx’s awd system. Then the whole rear got swapped. So they’re super different especially if u were to lift them, look under and compare them

Toyota’s jtekt awd system is freaking top tier as hell. Not sure what that new sti would’ve had but I did wonder if it would’ve been able to hold its own against the gr Yaris’s jtekt awd system

I’d imagine over 80-90mph would suck some due to it being a three cylinder and all. But I don’t doubt it’ll be a riot!

bfury5

Autocross Champion
It started with the cvt wrx’s awd system. Then the whole rear got swapped. So they’re super different especially if u were to lift them, look under and compare them

Toyota’s jtekt awd system is freaking top tier as hell. Not sure what that new sti would’ve had but I did wonder if it would’ve been able to hold its own against the gr Yaris’s jtekt awd system

I’d imagine over 80-90mph would suck some due to it being a three cylinder and all. But I don’t doubt it’ll be a riot!
Yeah as a track car, the engine might just run out of steam up top. I'm hoping the solid AWD + maybe a lighter nose (all alu 3cyl) will make for good weight distribution and not be as nose heavy as a GTI / R

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Yeah as a track car, the engine might just run out of steam up top. I'm hoping the solid AWD + maybe a lighter nose (all alu 3cyl) will make for good weight distribution and not be as nose heavy as a GTI / R
I’ll say this. That gr Corolla will absolutely rock a mk7 golf r on track. Give ‘em both the same tires too.

bfury5

Autocross Champion
I’ll say this. That gr Corolla will absolutely rock a mk7 golf r on track. Give ‘em both the same tires too.
Yeah I won't doubt that, especially given the (optional) front and rear LSDs. Those alone will make a huge difference