GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Travel assist and emergency assist errors

stinkykitten

The only solution is that we commented before, you have to change the steering wheel after the last infotaintment software update just in case, no more, trust me. This cost is free cause you have three year warranty in Europe, when it ends I don’t know the costs.
What do you mean free? My car is not new I got it from a approved dealer? If it's free what do I tell the dealer? Thank you sorry I am stupid when it comes to this stuff

Sergio MV

Passed Driver's Ed
What do you mean free? My car is not new I got it from a approved dealer? If it's free what do I tell the dealer? Thank you sorry I am stupid when it comes to this stuff
Hi, It deppends of wich country you are in for the warranty and the warranty that your dealer has given to you, in Europe is 3 years included since the first Enrollment

Richops

Update on my travel assist woes, took it in for a service (1st & last at dealer lol) enquired If it needed any recalls etc and it did so they kept it overnight to do this. Went to pick it up after the it’s ready call and it immediately came up with the travel assist warning as it was being brought out to me !! so took it back in to plug it in Again 30 mins later came back and said keep courtesy car needs more investigation lol. Had courtesy car for about a week got the call Thursday to say it needs a new steering wheel 🙄. Anyway they’ve ordered a new one it’s on back order tho so god knows how long that will take. So hopefully this will solve all the error warnings that come up Now but keep you posted. Oh and it’s a free fix too 😊👌💪

Richops

Update on my travel assist woes, took it in for a service (1st & last at dealer lol) enquired If it needed any recalls etc and it did so they kept it overnight to do this. Went to pick it up after the it’s ready call and it immediately came up with the travel assist warning as it was being brought out to me !! so took it back in to plug it in Again 30 mins later came back and said keep courtesy car needs more investigation lol. Had courtesy car for about a week got the call Thursday to say it needs a new steering wheel 🙄. Anyway they’ve ordered a new one it’s on back order tho so god knows how long that will take. So hopefully this will solve all the error warnings that come up Now but keep you posted. Oh and it’s a free fix too 😊👌💪
Also just to mention mine was a Cat N too 😉

Lewb

I'd be interested to know if the replacement steering wheel warranty is independent of the original car warranty.
I asked this when I had mine changed in November.

If Volkswagen changed the wheel for free there is no warranty on the wheel but if you paid ( I'm my case VW paid half and the garage I bought it from paid the other half) there is a two year warranty.

Reactions: I-A

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I'd be interested to know if the replacement steering wheel warranty is independent of the original car warranty.
I asked this when I had mine changed in November.

If Volkswagen changed the wheel for free there is no warranty on the wheel but if you paid ( I'm my case VW paid half and the garage I bought it from paid the other half) there is a two year warranty.
Under VW’s 3 year new car factory warranty, parts replaced under warranty are covered for the remainder of the warranty period - see screenshot below of the relevant section from the new car factory warranty T&C’s.

As @Lewb has said, genuine parts that are paid for by the customer have a two year warranty.

Screenshot referred to above (new car warranty T&C’s from VWUK website at the link below);
https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/own...n/warranties-and-insurance/new-car-terms.html

IMG_0471.jpeg

Reactions: I-A

Richops

Yep mine was done under warranty going in next month to be done and get a free courtesy car too for day. Hopefully will sort out the cruise control satnav Apple CarPlay and voice controls that are not working too since the update !!

Eric of Ayr

Yes, if you can prove they are aware of the fault before manufacturing your vehicle (plenty of evidence on forums out there) so the fault is known but they continue to manufacture therefore they are liable to carry out remedial as per UK Consumer Rights Act.
Exactly same fault with mine, I have bought extended warranty so will be interested kin their reaction - what has happened to you?

DenverPete

Well, it's been a while since I was on this forum but during the period of my 25 months & 17 days wait for my GTE (who's counting!) I'm now back with two (2) ongoing problems. I should say that I only took ownership in September 2023, so very young.

1. I have encountered a number of messages all related to loss of sensor. I am now told it may require a new steering wheel. It's going in in early April for 3 days with curtesy car supplied. Then I asked "do you have a steering wheel in stock if require" answer no but is will only take two (2) days to get one. I've heard that before!
I am grateful for all your comments on this subject and let you know what happens.

2. I have had a number of occasions, when I have tried to access keyless entry and it failed. My car is parked in a carport up to a wall on the drivers side. My access & egress is via the passenger door.
When this fails I have had to access the car via the tailgate, drop the rear seat and crawl through to initiate the unlock switch on the drivers door. (it's just as well I'm fit and agile!). This works & unlocks the doors.
I believe the problem is the 12V battery volts are low. On measuring the voltage on a number of occasions it is about 11.7V. I have carried out checks on charging with both the Combustion engine (Hybrid mode) and the Electric Mode. Both of these systems immediately display a voltage of 14.5V at the battery terminal (the tags under the bonnet). To me this indicates 1 of 2 things. The battery is faulty and not holding a charge or there is a drain on somewhere in the system.

Anyone got any helpful thoughts.

Denver Pete