GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Travel assist problems.

Brakspear

I'm still having the overtake issue. Sometimes the workaround of switching headlights to left hand drive works and other times not.

Frustrates me every time.

Robert.L

Hello folks,
I've been driving driving Golf 8 2.0 TDI DSG Style since Easter and I have had seminár problems as described here.
The most freaking issues are: flashing Parking camera, not working Keyless (car sometimes opens when you aproach, sometimes refuses to lock/unlock), clima control problems, assistants "not available signs" appearing, ACC not working properly, traffic signs reading is a disater (sometimes it shows 50 on a 90 road, or vice versa), map is showing places or petrol stations that do not exist anymore, Bluetooth connection problems, Lane Assist problems and nowadays the infotainment makes strange nose "Ding", like a error notice.
The car was in service 4 times, at first they have just reinstalled SW, next time they have changed MMI unit, then they told mé none of the issues appeared dutiny their test drive and the car is perfectly OK, last time they declared a SW upgrade but no significant improvement.
I believe the Infotainment is very very bad, with lots of mallfunctions and they have no idea how to correct it.
The local dealer/service is trying to avoid responsibility, always making some excusses, tells me to contact the Import.
I really do not know how to solve this.

And I would like to thank you for all the information at this forum, it is the only place where I could find sonething relevant.

Wallop

Go Kart Newbie
Had another journey of fun got the double click just up the road and the sos warning,Stopped for fuel and got the spinning wheel loading your settings screen with no globe on the screen,Spent the next 70 or so miles with no radio or anything,Travel assist tried to brake down to 44 mph on the M25,Multiple erroneous speed advice etc.
One odd point at the exact spot that i've previously mentioned in Henley where travel assist goes awry the screen went blank for about 5 secs then carried on with the loading screen.
As ever parked up at my destination and on the return journey everthing was back apart from the usual travel assist kph malarkey at the same mini roundabout in Henley.
It's ridiculous that even listening to the radio is impossible if you cannot connect to vw servers and dare to stop your car.

LizzyB

Hi all, I have a golf 8 originally registered July 2021 and is coming to the end of its warranty period. I have had consistent issues with travel assist very similar to the posts in this thread. Under warranty I’ve had a new steering wheel and ‘the computer’ replaced and this weekend I noticed again that the infotainment functions were playing up. Difficulty connecting to my phone, crashing and then when using the adaptive cruise control function the car mixed up MPH with KPH and slowed me down when trying to overtake traffic in the left hand lane. This system is super glitchy and not at all what i expected when I bought this car. I just wondered if anyone on the thread had a happy outcome? Or do I position myself to get rid? Thanks!