GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tried to Outrun Po-Po

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
Crazy to see these stories.

I am from an area where there are lots of stolen cars, drugs and other issues of the sort; so seeing people run from cops is at-least a tad more understandable.

But this story here says "It's not clear why the driver fled the scene instead of pulling over. You can see at the start of the video below that the officer flipped their lights on at normal highway speeds, and there were no incriminating items in the vehicle with him. Had he pulled over, he would've simply been charged with speeding."

Wtf bro, as a motorcycle rider I've been told allll too many times not to turn a traffic violation into a felony. This guy got carried away and thought life was a movie, he literally had nothing on the line.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
But this story here says "It's not clear why the driver fled the scene instead of pulling over. You can see at the start of the video below that the officer flipped their lights on at normal highway speeds, and there were no incriminating items in the vehicle with him. Had he pulled over, he would've simply been charged with speeding."

Wtf bro, as a motorcycle rider I've been told allll too many times not to turn a traffic violation into a felony. This guy got carried away and thought life was a movie, he literally had nothing on the line.

I was reading this too and I'm like it's perfectly clear why he ran.............he's a freaking moron who thinks video games and movies are real life. I love watching me some Fast and Furious every weekend too, but I sure as hell don't go out and pull J turns in traffic and punch it over 100mph.

I hope he spends some serious time in jail and rides the bus the rest of his natural born life. Worse if he seriously injured or killed anyone. Slap the "too stupid to be allowed in society" sign on him and toss him in a hole.

Hollywood0220

Go Kart Newbie
Did he use the line "I can't breathe"? LMFAO!!!
If god isn't helping NFL teams win games, god surely isn't helping him out of 170+mph LOL

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
I was reading this too and I'm like it's perfectly clear why he ran.............he's a freaking moron who thinks video games and movies are real life.

Yeah, we should have a thread with clips like this. Here (watch to the end) is a personal favorite of someone who was either driving a stolen car or clearly has no idea how cars actually react when driving at high speeds on curvy/bumpy roads & taking sharp turns.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
While we can all be Jason Statham and keep a spare suit in the trunk, I wouldn't expect any Joe lifting cars to have professional driving experience. Maybe they watched Baby Driver one too many times.

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
While we can all be Jason Statham and keep a spare suit in the trunk, I wouldn't expect any Joe lifting cars to have professional driving experience. Maybe they watched Baby Driver one too many times.

Yeah not sure what the top speed on that mustang is, but I'd guess he only has about 15-20mph advantage at the top end max and a decent edge on acceleration. Regardless, kinda hard to outrun someone chasing you at 150mph as well; especially with a RWD car. I guess as our friend here found out...

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Not to mention once the ghetto bird is on you, you've pretty much lost all hope. Eyes in the sky leaves no where to run.

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
Not to mention once the ghetto bird is on you, you've pretty much lost all hope. Eyes in the sky leaves no where to run.

Meh, lots of ways to get around that. Thankfully I grew up a bit sheltered, but i've been around enough people to know you either steal the car, steal someone elses plates and put them on your car, or just have no plates at all when you are doing stuff like this. These videos are not typical law-abiding citizens deciding to ditch a ticket like the idiot the article is about who we are all making fun of. Once you've decided to walk that path, its actually not that hard to get away with it. Just gotta be OK with risking your freedom everytime you drive.

http://instagr.am/p/B0ogWXDAO00/
http://instagr.am/p/Bq5OdQvgBGK/
http://instagr.am/p/B0jsPmqAB3t/

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Meh, lots of ways to get around that. Thankfully I grew up a bit sheltered, but i've been around enough people to know you either steal the car, steal someone elses plates and put them on your car, or just have no plates at all when you are doing stuff like this. These videos are not typical law-abiding citizens deciding to ditch a ticket like the idiot the article is about who we are all making fun of. Once you've decided to walk that path, its actually not that hard to get away with it. Just gotta be OK with risking your freedom everytime you drive.

http://instagr.am/p/B0ogWXDAO00/
http://instagr.am/p/Bq5OdQvgBGK/
Fair, I'd still bet on the Cops once a bird is on location though. Granted they don't tend to highlight the ones that get away, but you've got to deal with them being overhead along with the thermal part if you bail. Not saying it isn't possible, but it'd require a bit more forethought than "fuck it".

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
Fair, I'd still bet on the Cops once a bird is on location though. Granted they don't tend to highlight the ones that get away, but you've got to deal with them being overhead along with the thermal part if you bail. Not saying it isn't possible, but it'd require a bit more forethought than "fuck it".

Yeah that part is definitely true; once they have a copter on you the chances of getting away just got destroyed. I would probably bet there is a 98% chance you are toast once they have air support with a visual.

Theres always this gem of the Hellcat nearly outrunning a chopper.

This motorcycle is also a CLASSIC clip for anyone who is interested in these types of videos.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Bikes tend to be a different story, unless you've got highway patrol on a bike after you. I've had several friends that would just gun it to blow past them, and then try the old dip, dive, weave off the exit and flip to loose em. That or peel off down the canyon, though they started getting wise to that and just parting at the only exit to said canyon...

Edit: Granted, they also would tuck rear plates and the like... so they kinda expected to try and outrun a cruiser.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I wish the cops would put this much effort into catching thieves, robbers and other more serious criminals.

Also, if the cop didn't pursue, we would have had a Mustang not speeding or at least not as much and not causing an accident. Just dumb and not worth it.