GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trouble with travel assist

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
There is a new software update on the way... 1666. It should fix keyless entry problems, better system response and less error messages???
hopefully..

Attachments

• A47F9906-0690-408C-861D-F37AC013F46A.jpeg
    A47F9906-0690-408C-861D-F37AC013F46A.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 346
  • 064B9038-AB81-481C-9EB4-B8209035087C.png
    064B9038-AB81-481C-9EB4-B8209035087C.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 352

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
My Golf MK8 has had this problem, along with several other warnings since I purchased it in July. It's been back to the workshop 4 times and not resolved. Currently they've had it for 8 weeks and counting with no ETA for resolution. I'm pretty annoyed at it!
I feel for you, anyone that buys a Golf is like a beta tester, i think they should of waited a bit longer on releasing the car to iron out any issues. Also maybe get proper software engineers and progammers with that millions lines of code. It is nearly a year and still lots of Golf 8 out there with multitude of problems.

GAN

Passed Driver's Ed
My Golf MK8 has had this problem, along with several other warnings since I purchased it in July. It's been back to the workshop 4 times and not resolved. Currently they've had it for 8 weeks and counting with no ETA for resolution. I'm pretty annoyed at it!
Have they given you any idea what the problem is?

oakserver

Same problem with me, see my previous posts. Waiting for a new 5F control unit, not sure that will be the answer though.

I have found out myself that if you squeeze the steering wheel at the bottom quite firmly on both sides (the flat part) I can trigger a 'travel assist unavailable' and also a SOS not available. Some days is worse than others. It does seem to be steering wheel related.

They tried to update my software but the control unit wouldn't accept it - its stuck on 1650, I think this is why they want to try a new 5F.

Out of interest, back in June there was an update for the SOS problem - I wonder if that was the update that takes you to the latest 1664? Also I have heard that 1664 has been discontinued as it didn't fix the problems it was meant to fix.

GAN

Passed Driver's Ed
My golf mk8 has now been back in for the 4th time and the verdict is that it needs a new steering wheel as recommended and they believe that this will stop the errors ! Also now having issues with the interior rear light in that it randomly switches on or off. Starting to regret getting the mk8🤬

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Yes the interior rear light problem, read about this elsewhere where VW changed the unit.
lets hope the steering fix works. Havent heard of anyone that got the steering changed having problems after.

aitcheff

Passed Driver's Ed
There is a new software update on the way... 1666. It should fix keyless entry problems, better system response and less error messages???
hopefully..
Do you know when this update is likely to be available?

I have Keyless Access problems and at the moment VW don't have a solution (as mentioned on another thread. It was first referred to VW technical who advised a server replacement. which carried out but didn't fix the problem. Now VW technical has referred it to the Factory for their advice - still waiting for a response. They haven't mentioned the possibility that it might be a softeware issue but I can always hope.

oakserver

The travel assist warning seems to be worse in the cold mornings, and I've noticed when it is behaving badly I am actually able to trigger the warning by squeezing with both hands gently on the bottom (flat) part of the steering wheel. This triggers a chime and a warning and if you keep squeezing repeatedly it causing an SOS unavailable as well.

It does seem related to the steering wheel. On a good day though my wheel squeezing technique doesn't trigger the warning - so it is intermittent.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Yes many in Germany and France that got the steering wheel changed seem to have resolved the problem with the TA, so far.
Aitcheff: Yes its a bit of a mystery the keyless access problem. From what i have found, If true, the last version 1666 has been pulled and a newer version 1668 is coming out at the end of the year. Supposedly a big update!!! We will see...

skylermcleod

I’m having the same issue with mine, now waiting for a new steering wheel to get delivered which has been about a month now 🙃

GAN

Passed Driver's Ed
Just been informed that the new steering wheel is here but the dealership need an harness so that’s on order🤬

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Jesus, how did they not know they needed a harness? This same situation happened to someone else also.

I’m having the same issue with mine, now waiting for a new steering wheel to get delivered which has been about a month now 🙃
Hey skylermcleod maybe give VW a call and remind them of the harness :cool: