GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trouble with travel assist

Remy123

Does anyone know about the fix? I have mine every 1 min, it goes on and off!!! Travel assist and Emergency assist not available!!!!

GAN

Passed Driver's Ed
It’s an annoying issue, it took me 5 months to get VW is admitted there was a problem and then when they did only sent half of replacement parts. Dealer now as the steering wheel but no harness. VW gave an estimate delivery date for harness as 2044😂😂 but after a call it will be sometime Jan 21. Can’t believe that the MK8 is the car of the year🤔🤔

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Twelve months in production and VW have still not sorted out the problems. This not good. I was rather hoping that there would be by now software updates to add extra Traffic Assist functions (eg traffic light recognition) but until these issues are sorted any updates are highly unlikely.

Remy123

I had couple of weeks the alerts go on and off suddenly its stops today? I pressed very hard ont the steering wheel???!!! Very weird

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
i went to have a look at my Golf eHybrid the other day, it arrived last wednesday, and i noticed straight away the steering wheel was not the same as the one that comes standard with the style, the touch version like on the gt versions. Instead i got the steering with normal press buttons. I was told by VW and rep that it would come with the touch button version. Come to think of it maybe they were having many problems with those touch buttons and also maybe they swapped it because of the travel assist malfunctions..
A44264B9-893A-4F68-8273-33D6000C1112.jpeg
300627A7-C279-40AB-87EF-CBC7E038A9E3.jpeg

Remy123

i went to have a look at my Golf eHybrid the other day, it arrived last wednesday, and i noticed straight away the steering wheel was not the same as the one that comes standard with the style, the touch version like on the gt versions. Instead i got the steering with normal press buttons. I was told by VW and rep that it would come with the touch button version. Come to think of it maybe they were having many problems with those touch buttons and also maybe they swapped it because of the travel assist malfunctions.. View attachment 197528View attachment 197529
The style comes standard with press button! Touch button comes with r line and gte gti r

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Consider yourself lucky Massimo2323 conventional buttons are superior to haptic ones. Trying to increase/decrease speed by one mph when in cruise control by tapping the button is almost impossible. Inevitably the speed increases by 5 mph. Was never an issue with my previous Golf with traditional buttons.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
They convinced me that the ehybrid would have the haptic touch ones because i kept saying the style would have normal press buttons and i wanted these 😂😂.
And now looking at the prcode of my steering wheel also confirms i was right. Mine is 2FT
2PT : Leather-wrapped multi-function sports steering wheel, heated, with touch control
2FT : Leather-wrapped multi-function steering wheel, heated, with shift paddles

GAN

Passed Driver's Ed
Had a call from VW today, steering wheel & harness have arrived so all going well it goes in on the 5th, I’ll let you know how it goes 🤞🤞

oakserver

@GAN Looks like the resolution is in sight for you now! Fingers crossed. Do you know why they need a new harness has that had a redesign?

GAN

Passed Driver's Ed
Happy New Year to everyone. Just got my car back following the steering wheel and harness change, plus interior light replaced. so fingers crossed that all the travel assist issue have been rectified. I will keep you updated

burnsie

3 months after them waiting for the software update for my travel assist problems, they applied it this week and guess what... the problem persists.

They've now told me they need to replace the steering wheel and it's on back order for 4 weeks... I told them to make sure they order the harness too.

Has anyone tried getting compensation from VW for this clusterf@#k? I've driven my own car for 4 weeks since I bought it in July last year!

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
I wouldnt want to bring my car to that garage... it was well known for months that the steering wheel is the problem.