GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trouble with travel assist

burnsie

I wouldnt want to bring my car to that garage... it was well known for months that the steering wheel is the problem.

Yeh, sadly this is the place I bought it from and it's been broken since day 1 so it was their problem to resolve. There were also multiple other issues with turn by turn directions not displaying on the dashboard, "SOS Calling Unavailable" errors amongst others. I guess this threw them off the scent.

GAN

Passed Driver's Ed
Have you contact VW UK customer services? - Tel 01137334527- they were very helpful to me and kept the pressure on the dealer and Germany.

Trickydickie

As the law states, I rejected my car, the dealer could not solve the problem. I now have a 2021 model and everything seems okay so far.

Capt Kremmen

Hello to all,

I have been reading with interest the issues with the Golf Mk8 eTsi , I have finally had my steering wheel replaced today (plus the 6 pin loom), the constant DING appears to have gone. I raised the issue on a different forum and a fellow owner from Greece told me of the fix last year, my question if I may to the forum is did VW issue a technical bulletin about the early Mk8's issues to dealers, i know they advised of the software update ( which then identified the steering wheel fault on a diagnostic as it did not before), this released early Jan 2021.
Im currently in discussion with the dealer over compensation and with VW for same.
The dealer failed to identify the fault 1st time within the 8 week window ( here in UK) so thats one issue, VW denied any ownership of any fault and pushed me to the dealer to resolve last year, I think thats wrong, they should bear the brunt of any complaint.
If anyone has any more info on who knew what and in which country I would be very grateful.
Thanks

Handydave

Go Kart Newbie
Like other forum members my dealer has replaced the steering wheel and loom on our 1.5 eTSI DSG. This has cured the constant ‘dinging’ that is caused by the Emergency Assist / Travel Assist not available fault.
The worksheet shows they have also applied software update E42 and the software is now at 1668.
However, they have said it will need another update to cure the intermittent fault where it loses connection to VW Servers. They’ll let me know when it’s available.....

Capt Kremmen

Like other forum members my dealer has replaced the steering wheel and loom on our 1.5 eTSI DSG. This has cured the constant ‘dinging’ that is caused by the Emergency Assist / Travel Assist not available fault.
The worksheet shows they have also applied software update E42 and the software is now at 1668.
However, they have said it will need another update to cure the intermittent fault where it loses connection to VW Servers. They’ll let me know when it’s available.....
Yep mine was done Tuesday, all seems fine now.

GAN

Passed Driver's Ed
I’ve been informed that there are two current software updates and this a voluntary recall and should fix all software issues🤔

Capt Kremmen

I’ve been informed that there are two current software updates and this a voluntary recall and should fix all software issues🤔
Problem with voluntary is that VW does not confirm there is anything wrong in the first place and does not have to consider any form of redress.
We know that the updates cures issues in early models, the later models are just fine (ish) but a software upgrade is just an ongoing product upgrade.

GAN

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone had the software updates yet? I’m booked in next week and thanks to massimo updates I’ve got the the dealership to check if I need a new controller plus software. It appears that the dealerships are on the back for all the time and not being made aware from VW that there’s a voluntary recall 🤔

Capt Kremmen

Has anyone had the software updates yet? I’m booked in next week and thanks to massimo updates I’ve got the the dealership to check if I need a new controller plus software. It appears that the dealerships are on the back for all the time and not being made aware from VW that there’s a voluntary recall 🤔
Yes had it done the other week, then it highlighted other issues. VW arw playing politics by calling it a voultary recall, this update fixes alot of issues but they will not say what they are. Check my previous posts, if yours is an early model you have more visists to the dealer to come.

I am waiting for a reply back from VW Germany on this "voluntary" recall and the steering wheel and loom change associated with early models

GAN

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes had it done the other week, then it highlighted other issues. VW arw playing politics by calling it a voultary recall, this update fixes alot of issues but they will not say what they are. Check my previous posts, if yours is an early model you have more visists to the dealer to come.

I am waiting for a reply back from VW Germany on this "voluntary" recall and the steering wheel and loom change associated with early models