GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trouble with travel assist

Aljocol1.1

Hi, had my pre reg mk8 style for just over a week and am getting a consistent warning appearing stating there is a problem with the travel assist. I’ve wiped the badge in case something was blocking it but it’s getting annoying as the warning goes on and off with a beep quite regularly. Road and weather conditions were fine so not sure why it keeps bringing up a problem.
Any ideas?

giovanotti

Passed Driver's Ed
In my case no issues.
For couple of weeks, I used Travel assist option, to adjust speed, depending on detected signs + map (I do not know how it is called in EN). Bit annoying, especially on regional roads, between two villages, wants to accelerate to 90 kph, but section is only less couple 100m long. It wants to accelerate and immediately break.
Bit annoying is also Christmas tree illlumination style Eco-tips: "roundabout is coming, step off the gas pedal" and you still have like 300m to drive to roundabout...
I have still to read user manual though...

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
In germany Some Golf 8 drivers were experiencing problems with the travel assist. It seems the problem was related to the capacitive touch control on the steering wheel. Vw solution was to change the steering wheel. If that works we will know at a later stage. Not sure if the problem is the heated steering wheel where the heat is causing problem to the capacitive touch controls related to Acc.

Last edited:

GAN

Passed Driver's Ed
I have been experiencing the same problem with travel assist/front assist since June and my car has been back to the garage twice and still not fixed. Still waiting for an update from VW🤬 2596B7A7-63E8-4EA8-9B1F-BDE20D957F4E.png03B99700-454F-49BC-A289-B0351A89A145.jpeg2596B7A7-63E8-4EA8-9B1F-BDE20D957F4E.png
In germany Some Golf 8 drivers were experiencing problems with the travel assist. It seems the problem was related to the capacitive touch control on the steering wheel. Vw solution was to change the steering wheel. If that works we will know at a later stage. Not sure if the problem is the heated steering wheel where the heat is causing problem to the capacitive touch controls related to Acc.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Ok so it is not the capacitve touch controls but the capacitive sensor on the steering that recognizes when your hand is holding the steering during travel assist.

Last edited:

GAN

Passed Driver's Ed
Steering wheel isn’t heated,
0C17C74E-DF90-4370-B6E2-95E1916B7DC9.jpeg

Ok so it is not the capacitve touch controls but the capacitive sensor on the steering that recognizes when your hand is holding the steering during travel assist.

Attachments

• C6F356B8-2F08-44AA-832D-D9372CDB1BF0.jpeg
    C6F356B8-2F08-44AA-832D-D9372CDB1BF0.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 914

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Also those with no heated steering have this problem.
another cause for error messages could be the Car2X not activated in the menu and/or logged in to weconnect.

GAN

Passed Driver's Ed
Steering wheel isn’t heated, View attachment 192312
Steering wheel isn’t heated, View attachment 192312
Hi, had my pre reg mk8 style for just over a week and am getting a consistent warning appearing stating there is a problem with the travel assist. I’ve wiped the badge in case something was blocking it but it’s getting annoying as the warning goes on and off with a beep quite regularly. Road and weather conditions were fine so not sure why it keeps bringing up a problem.
Any ideas?
hi if you manage to a solution from VW please let us know. GAN

GAN

Passed Driver's Ed
Also those with no heated steering have this problem.
another cause for error messages could be the Car2X not activated in the menu and/or logged in to weconnect.
Car2x activated and weconnect connected to phone, VW say there’s no Robles when they plug the car in for checks, I have shown them the photos and video but still have no cure😡

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
I was told by french Golf 8 forum they have similar problems and that all vehicles equipped with this system (A3, Leon, Octavia and Golf) are affected though it seems that vehicles manufactured since August are less affected by this bug but still need to be checked by VW.
I think they are trying to resolve the problem software first instead of changing contol units or steering.

Gazinet

I picked my new Golf 8 up on 2 November 2020 and I also have this message from time to time.
My car build was September 2020.

GAN

Passed Driver's Ed
I was told by french Golf 8 forum they have similar problems and that all vehicles equipped with this system (A3, Leon, Octavia and Golf) are affected though it seems that vehicles manufactured since August are less affected by this bug but still need to be checked by VW.
I think they are trying to resolve the problem software first instead of changing contol units or steering.
Booked back into the workshop for the 3rd time, hoping they can resolve it🤔 . Thank you for all you help

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
so far anyone that had the TA error and got their steering changed seem to have resolved the problem. Change of steering for some were 2 weeks ago while others a few days ago. And a few waiting for the cable and steering to arrive at there VW centre.
My Golf Ehybrid arrives in January so i hope any major problems will be sorted...

burnsie

My Golf MK8 has had this problem, along with several other warnings since I purchased it in July. It's been back to the workshop 4 times and not resolved. Currently they've had it for 8 weeks and counting with no ETA for resolution. I'm pretty annoyed at it!