GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trying to find a MK7.5 SportWagen 4motion Exhaust

ChummyChum18

Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
There is only about 1 thing I am absolutely clueless on about this golf. I cannot for the life of me find an aftermarket exhaust for it. I know that the golf R variant/wagon/estate exists in Europe, but I still wouldn't have any clue as to obtaining one of those exhausts here in the US. I know it will cost a good bit, but I would be very interested in at least knowing how to get my hands on a better exhaust + the rear valence styling. So, if anyone has any knowledge about this, I would love to know anything in that field. Thanks!

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Seeing how from a drivetrain perspective the Alltrack/4motion are identical twins I would imagine that any pre-fabbed alltrack exhaust would match up right until the rear valence. While not the cheapest, I do heartily recommend AWE - their track exhaust matched with my factory downpipe is probably the most satisfied I've been with the exhaust of my car (current setup gets boomy at ~90MPH). It also stands to reason that the 7.5 estate Golf R valence should mount to your car if you want to run genuine exhaust pipes out the back.

Last edited:

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
I have a ‘19 4motion sportwagen (not Alltrack), I switched to the Euro R estate rear valence and recently had the stock mufflers cut off and had Magnaflow 14416 mufflers welded in, so far I like it, though I may also do a different resonator than stock. Cheap and works well..

S-4Motion

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf Sportwagen 4Mo
Seeing how from a drivetrain perspective the Alltrack/4motion are identical twins I would imagine that any pre-fabbed alltrack exhaust would match up right until the rear valence. While not the cheapest, I do heartily recommend AWE - their track exhaust matched with my factory downpipe is probably the most satisfied I've been with the exhaust of my car (current setup gets boomy at ~90MPH). It also stands to reason that the 7.5 estate Golf R variance should mount to your car if you want to run genuine exhaust pipes out the back.
Hatchback rear valence do not fit wagons.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Hatchback rear valence do not fit wagons.
He said the 7.5 R estate valance, not hatch, and yes, they fit...I have one.

20211104_104255.jpg

tigeo

Autocross Champion
The AT and GSW 4Mo exhausts are the same until the tips and can just require some customization to get that sorted out. The typical configuration is to use the 7.5 R wagon valance then run offset quad tips.

ECS is working on a complete exhaust system for the 7.5 GSW 4Mo with the R valance.

Milltek, Remus (using the Cupra 300 ST 4Drive model system), AWE all make kits.

Here is a good thread:

Mk7.5 4Motion Exhaust Options | VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
I have the 70mm Remus axleback for the Seat Cupra 300 ST 4drive. Currently on stock DP/Stage 1 but upgrading to MPI/Vortex STD/3” Milltek R DP and Golf R hatch resonator next week. Should sound a little more interesting soon.

ChummyChum18

Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
The AT and GSW 4Mo exhausts are the same until the tips and can just require some customization to get that sorted out. The typical configuration is to use the 7.5 R wagon valance then run offset quad tips.

ECS is working on a complete exhaust system for the 7.5 GSW 4Mo with the R valance.

Milltek, Remus (using the Cupra 300 ST 4Drive model system), AWE all make kits.

Here is a good thread:

Mk7.5 4Motion Exhaust Options | VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum
Wow, this thread is exactly what I was looking for!

Obviously, I would want to try to keep the price down on trying to do this sort of thing, so just changing the muffler (and maybe the resonator) sounds like a really interesting idea. I know I would still need to keep in mind the price of a R valance. I will still definitely look into the kits, though!

If there is one thing I want to be gone on this car though, it would be the faux exhausts. I really hope I could get myself down one of these paths to at least fix that.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Wow, this thread is exactly what I was looking for!

Obviously, I would want to try to keep the price down on trying to do this sort of thing, so just changing the muffler (and maybe the resonator) sounds like a really interesting idea. I know I would still need to keep in mind the price of a R valance. I will still definitely look into the kits, though!

If there is one thing I want to be gone on this car though, it would be the faux exhausts. I really hope I could get myself down one of these paths to at least fix that.
I ended up doing the R valance, quad tips, and a resonator delete (I also have an aftermarket DP) - good enough for me and no droning/bassy noise. Just some rasp when your'e on it.
20211104_104255.jpg

ChummyChum18

Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
I ended up doing the R valance, quad tips, and a resonator delete (I also have an aftermarket DP) - good enough for me and no droning/bassy noise. Just some rasp when your'e on it.
I really do think it looks nice! Do you remember about how much that all ended up costing you? and would you happen to have links to any of those items? Thanks for all the help btw, this is much more than I was expecting to be getting!

tigeo

Autocross Champion

S-4Motion

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf Sportwagen 4Mo