Macbook Pro or PC (laptop)

• PC (laptop)

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Macbook Pro

Votes: 32 71.1%

• Total voters

Jeffh97

Nanner Puss!
used a PC since i was 2 (about 20 years) Switched to a macbook a few years back and will most likely never buy a PC again. I am not a noob at all when it comes to computers i just prefer the Mac OS and reliability of the apple laptops. Sure i have had the common problems with the macbook, but at least it runs as quick as it did the day i bought it. My Dell i had no problems hardware wise, but that thing got slower and slower as the years when on.

personal decision. i prefer apple computers and am willing to pay the premium $$$ for them.

if cost is your main concern, get a PC.
if aesthetics and UI is your concern, get the mac.

either is going to have more than enough computing power for what you do.

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
used a PC since i was 2 (about 20 years) Switched to a macbook a few years back and will most likely never buy a PC again. I am not a noob at all when it comes to computers i just prefer the Mac OS and reliability of the apple laptops. Sure i have had the common problems with the macbook, but at least it runs as quick as it did the day i bought it. My Dell i had no problems hardware wise, but that thing got slower and slower as the years when on.

That's cool. Maybe I'll try it one day... the only thing that made me consider it was the dual-boot for Windows. Every PC gets slower after a while... you need to maintain it. Especially the more programs and crap you put on the hard drive.

No offense, but the majority of people that touch themselves in a dark room call people n00bs.

Wow. :clap: What are you like 12? I was kidding. Like I said, this kind of thread is bound to draw more Mac fans than PC fans.

I have a 20" iMac and it's the perfect size for a desktop and also the smallest available. I didn't buy the 24" for the same reason you didn't buy the 20". Even the sales guy said flat out... "I have a 24" because I use it as a TV. If you're not doing that then you have no need for anything over 20""

i got the 24" imac because i was so used to having two 20" widescreen monitors hooked up to my dell that to go to a single 20" screen would have been difficult for me. at first i thought it was too much screen to have right in front of me but i've gotten used to it.

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
The whole IT dept at my company has Macs. My best friend is an IT professional as well... he too has a Mac.

I guess it all depends on your line of business. Every IT department is different... that's cool though.

nicoritschel

Ready to race!
I love macs and have been using them for years, but here's a caution on the new Macbook Pros: the battery is built into the laptop. Any laptop has a limited battery life, so in 3 or 4 years (maybe less, it's only warranted for a year) when the battery won't stay charged for longer than half an hour, you'll have to buy a whole new computer instead of just a new battery. I personally haven't held onto a machine that long, but it's definitely something you need to consider if you're looking to keep the thing for the long haul.

Otherwise, OS X blows windows away, and is the sole reason I've been using macs for as long as I have. I love it.

FALSE you can pay $129 to have your battery replaced by apple. Anyways, the new integrated batteries will hold 90% of their capacity after 1,000 charge cycles.

nicoritschel

Ready to race!
And honestly, it doesn't really matter if you go mac or pc you are able to do whatever it is you need to do on either. Do you want to pay a premium for a pretty computer? I did and I love my mac. Windows 7 kicks ass and Mac OS X Leopard(soon to be Snow Leopard) is awesome as well.

utekineir

Banned
my macbook pro battery died when it was around 3 years old,

which sucks, but its longer than my dell laptop batteries lasted.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
The whole IT dept at my company has Macs. My best friend is an IT professional as well... he too has a Mac.

ugh what kind of IT dept is that :iono: i work in IT and have never worked for a company that uses macs for IT purposes... can osx server even do LDAP (active directory) or run exchange, etc?

Whiteboy88

Go Kart Champion
def just dont get a dell and stick with the PC... the price of the mac really isnt worth it.

having a mac is like all the people in the world that buy starbucks coffee for 5 or more dollars when you can go to the gas station and get the samething for a dollar.... its all about the name of the brand thats all.

amen to that

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
ugh what kind of IT dept is that :iono: i work in IT and have never worked for a company that uses macs for IT purposes... can osx server even do LDAP (active directory) or run exchange, etc?
I guess it all depends on your line of business. Every IT department is different... that's cool though.

My company uses PC... I was talking about their personal computers, but I can see where there was some ambiguity there.