GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ukraine: WAR Huh - What Is It Good For Absorootly Nothing

cb1111

1662932051825.png

Russia certainly appears to be melting down

In a surprise offensive, Ukraine recaptures territory from Russian forces in Kharkiv (msn.com)

EXPLAINER: Ukraine's threatened nuclear plant shuts down (msn.com)

Ukraine: Germany's Baerbock vows further support during surprise Kyiv visit (msn.com)

Russia loses control of key northeast towns in Ukraine | Watch (msn.com)

Russia withdraws from Balakleya and Izium in the face of Ukrainian advance (msn.com)

Battlefield chaos amid Ukraine's eastern advance (msn.com)

Russian troops retreat after Ukraine counteroffensive (msn.com)

Russian Forces Flee Ukraine's Kharkiv Offensive In Stunning Rout (msn.com)

Eastern Ukraine towns hit in overnight strikes (msn.com)

Winter can lead to rapid de-occupation: Zelenskiy | Watch (msn.com)

Russia loses control of key towns as Ukrainian forces advance (msn.com)

Russian energy minister sees «impossible» to sell gas or oil to countries that limit prices (msn.com)

'We ask you to relieve yourself of your post': Kremlin officials have begun a mutiny against Vladimir Putin (msn.com)

Russian front line in Kharkiv collapses in major victory for Ukraine (msn.com)

Ukraine’s Advance in Northeast Renews Pressure on Germany to Help (msn.com)

Russia Holds 'Totally Senseless' Election as Troops Retreat in Ukraine (msn.com)

Russia's neighbors are making deals beyond NATO to boost their defenses in case of an imminent attack (msn.com)

Ukraine claims that Russian forces are withdrawing from other areas of Kherson (msn.com)

Locals greet mayor entering border town in Kharkiv with Ukrainian military | Watch (msn.com)

It’s Time to Prepare for a Ukrainian Victory (msn.com) From the article “The fundamental difference between Ukrainian soldiers, who are fighting for their country’s existence, and Russian soldiers, who are fighting for their salary, has finally begun to matter.”

Russia hits Dnipropetrovsk power sites: governor (msn.com)

Russian Adherence to Soviet Doctrine 'Demoralizing' to Troops: Ret. Colonel (msn.com)

Putin’s strategy to weaponize winter (msn.com)

Putin ally Kadyrov criticises Russian army after Ukraine setback (msn.com)

Putin ally Kadyrov criticises Russian army after Ukraine setback (msn.com)

Shock and joy in Ukraine's liberated villages (msn.com)

cb1111

I could save this for tomorrow, but stuff is happening pretty quickly

Ukrainian ambassador vows military will "liberate all Ukraine" (msn.com)

Ukraine 'Humiliating' Putin as Russians Flee in Retreat: Former Ambassador (msn.com)

On the eastern front, a stunning week of Ukrainian success and Russian failures (msn.com)

Russians continue retreat in northeast Ukraine, strike power plants as ‘revenge’ (msn.com)

Putin is finished. The Ukrainians have him on the ropes with a stunning victory in their sights (msn.com)

Ukraine Retakes Front-Line Kharkiv Cities as Russia Pulls Some Forces | Watch (msn.com)

Russia's reliance on Wagner Group in Ukraine is wearing down Putin's favorite mercenary group, the British military says (msn.com)

UN Atomic Chief warns 'something very catastrophic' may happen in Zaporizhzhia (msn.com)

Ukrainian troops continue gains, recapture Chkalovske as Russians criticize retreat (msn.com)

Ukrainian army '50 kilometres from Moscow' as counteroffensive continues | Watch (msn.com)

The Russian Army Is Losing A Battalion Every Day As Ukrainian Counterattacks Accelerate (msn.com)

Ukraine’s latest counteroffensive fuels optimism about Russian defeat (msn.com)

Several Ukrainian regions without power supply due to Russian attack (msn.com)

Russia pushes for authoritarians to join Shanghai Cooperation Organization - analysis (msn.com)

Ukraine Offensives Are 'Pushing Russians Out,' Jake Sullivan Says (newsweek.com)

Russia news: 'Mind-blowing' map shows Zelensky deployed 'holy grail' war tactic on Putin | World | News | Express.co.uk

Putin 'deploys most terrible conventional weapon in world' to Ukraine as defeat looms | World | News | Express.co.uk

Last edited:

cb1111

1663019803466.png

Russian spam

1663019921125.png

Explainer-The G7's price cap on Russian oil begins to take shape (msn.com)

Putin Scrambles to Marshal Russian Forces as Ukraine Army Reaches Border (msn.com)

'Situation more difficult by the hour': Ukrainian forces break through to Russian border. Live updates. (msn.com)

Ukraine's defenders are turning personal vehicles into 'technicals' to fight off Russian forces (msn.com)

Ukraine makes more gains, pushes back to border in places (msn.com)

CNN goes to verify Ukraine's claim on counteroffensive. See what they found | Watch (msn.com)

UN accuses Russia of intimidating opponents of war and undermining fundamental freedoms (msn.com)

Chechen troops return to fight in Ukraine and Donetsk on Russian side (msn.com)

Russia post-Putin: What happens if the president suddenly dies? (msn.com)

Ukraine's top general just warned that a 'limited' nuclear war can't be ruled out — here's Warren Buffett's investment advice while facing the 'greatest danger' in the world (msn.com)

How Ukraine is 'MacGyvering' its way to winning the war (msn.com)

Russian Marines Brigade Almost Completely Wiped Out in Ukraine, Kyiv Says (msn.com)

European natural gas prices fall to a 7-week low as Russia suffers major setbacks in Ukraine war (msn.com)

'Without gas or without you? Without you': Zelensky's words for Russia as Ukraine sweeps through northeast (msn.com)

Does Ukraine’s surprise offensive mean the end is in sight? (msn.com)

Will Ukraine's advance have consequences for Putin? (msn.com)

Russian troops fleeing after their lines were shattered left behind so much ammo and weaponry Ukraine struggled to handle it all (msn.com) Ukraine's defense ministry posted a tweet on Sunday with a video that purported to show a litany of abandoned Russian military vehicles. In the video, the caption read: "Everyone gets a tank. F..ck there is enough tanks for everyone. What a bonus."

"Russia is trying to maintain its status as the largest supplier of military equipment for the Ukrainian army, and even to improve its status, knowing that lend-lease will soon come into effect. #UAarmy loves its trophy ammo," the tweet read.

Moscow shrugs off defeat amid nationalist pressure | Watch (msn.com)

Ukraine's victories are exciting Wall Street. The boost could soon fade (msn.com)

Good plan – that’ll reduce the ranks even more Russia state-media host calls for generals to be executed for allowing retreat from huge swathes of Ukraine (msn.com)

Germany must accept leading military role, says defense minister (msn.com)

Putin allies are starting to complain publicly that his Ukraine war isn't going well (msn.com)

Ukraine, Russia interested in Zaporizhzhia protection zone - IAEA | Watch (msn.com)

Pro-Russian settlements in Zaporiyia receive energy supplies from Crimea (msn.com)

Ukraine Pulled Off a Masterstroke (msn.com)

European Gas Prices Fall as Ukrainian Gains Raise Hopes for End to War (msn.com)

A new Gazprom plant is shipping its first liquefied natural gas cargo to Greece just 6 months after the EU vowed to drastically reduce Russian gas imports (msn.com)

Ukraine's offensive not only surprised Russia — it may be a turning point in the war (msn.com)

Putin Bailed on Top Military Meetings After Crushing War Losses (msn.com)

'A broken man': Russian sisters see father scarred by Ukraine fight (msn.com)

Remaining Ukrainian Militants Are Being 'Liquidated': Russia (msn.com)

Ukraine's advances heighten calls for German tanks (msn.com)

Ukraine Soldiers Reach Russian Border After Driving Enemy Back, Video Shows (msn.com)

Putin's Russia struggles for response to Ukrainian blitz (msn.com)

Ukraine's Rout of Russian Forces Poses Challenge of How to Exploit Gains (msn.com)

Russia Strikes Power Plants, Vowing to Counter Ukraine’s Advance (msn.com)

G7 Agrees To Cap the Price of Russian Oil Despite Warnings by Moscow | Watch (msn.com)

Questions loom over Ukraine’s counteroffensive in Kharkiv (msn.com)

David Roche says he believes Putin will be gone within a year | Watch (msn.com)

Israel eyes Arrow 3 sale to Germany, will help replace Russia as gas supplier (msn.com)

Ukraine’s Stunning Advance Continues As It Claims It’s Recaptured 20 Settlements In 24 Hours (msn.com)

Su-25 Attack Jet Crash May Point To Wider Russian Airpower Issues (msn.com)

Russia warns of a «major Ukrainian offensive» to retake control of the Zaporiyia nuclear power plant (msn.com)

'He has flung our country back into the Cold War era': Kremlin officials ask Putin to resign (msn.com)

1663020023998.png

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Anyone think Putin could fall out a hospital window? The calls for him to resign are getting louder.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Anyone think Putin could fall out a hospital window? The calls for him to resign are getting louder.
Bets on if his replacement will be better at war than him and the situation in Ukraine will get worse, or if they will be smarter than him and pull out entirely?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Bets on if his replacement will be better at war than him and the situation in Ukraine will get worse, or if they will be smarter than him and pull out entirely?
You can't be smarter at war with your equipment and troops wiped out. Putin will leave whoever replaces him with the monumental task of rebuilding the military. I think the paper tiger is exposed. The Russian military is only good for terrorizing unarmed civilians at this point.

Trying to unroot the systemic corruption Putin used to maintain power will be a huge obstacle to rebuilding the Russian military though, even if they have the funding, which I don't think they will. The economic toll of the war on Russia, and the loss of weapons sales due to the demonstration of how poorly Russian weapons systems performed against the western weapons, will limit those efforts. I could see Russia becoming dependent on China, but China is facing its own economic issues and a rapidly approaching demographic collapse, so that's even iffy.

I don't think there's going to be Putin the Great status going up in the future.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
IF Putin goes (and that's a big if) his replacement would only be replacement because of an anti-war position.

The only way Putin gets replaced is because the Russians get fed up with the war and whoever that replacement would be first thing on the agenda would be to settle a peace with Ukraine.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
IF Putin goes (and that's a big if) his replacement would only be replacement because of an anti-war position.

The only way Putin gets replaced is because the Russians get fed up with the war and whoever that replacement would be first thing on the agenda would be to settle a peace with Ukraine.

I disagree. There are two positions a replacement could take.

1. The war was justified, but Putin's leadership caused the failure and brought ruin on our country.
2. The war wasn't justified and Putin brought ruin on our country.

I personally think #1 would be more popular with the masses.

dtfd

Autocross Champion

1. The war was justified, but Putin's leadership caused the failure and brought ruin on our country.

I see the logic I just think #1 is a really tough sell when you consider the crowd. The pro-war people are the same ones who have been Putin's base of support. They're also being fed a diet of it wasn't Putin's fault it was the generals and the intelligence service and NATO and the position of the moon and Jupiter being out of alignment, pretty much everyone and everything's fault BUT Putin. I have a hard time seeing those people suddenly turn away him.

It's like when we thought Trump's supporters would look at an insurrection as a bad thing because they're the flag hugging law and order types. And then it turns out they weren't that at all.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I see the logic I just think #1 is a really tough sell when you consider the crowd. The pro-war people are the same ones who have been Putin's base of support. They're also being fed a diet of it wasn't Putin's fault it was the generals and the intelligence service and NATO and the position of the moon and Jupiter being out of alignment, pretty much everyone and everything's fault BUT Putin. I have a hard time seeing those people suddenly turn away him.

It's like when we thought Trump's supporters would look at an insurrection as a bad thing because they're the flag hugging law and order types. And then it turns out they weren't that at all.
The majority of Russians supported the war and Putin. It's an easier sell that they were only wrong about one thing than two. Just human nature.

Russians didn't protest the war in Chechnya, Georgia, Crimea, Syria.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Even if the majority of Russians don't support the war, I think the kind of person who would be in a position to be able to take over Putin's position wouldn't be someone who would take the sentiment of the masses to heart.
This is what I'm thinking too. His replacement is going to have to win over support somehow, but Russia isn't the kind of country to do that with honesty, so they're going to have to pick a story to spin and roll with it, and it's going to be one of these two, and I think which one will determine the course of the war.

Although, there is of course the third option that whoever replaces Putin is even more incompetent than him, and they continue to fail even harder, and based on what we've seen with their whole military leadership that's definitely not out of the question lol.

cb1111

The majority of Russians supported the war and Putin. It's an easier sell that they were only wrong about one thing than two. Just human nature.

Russians didn't protest the war in Chechnya, Georgia, Crimea, Syria.

Even if the majority of Russians don't support the war, I think the kind of person who would be in a position to be able to take over Putin's position wouldn't be someone who would take the sentiment of the masses to heart.

This is what I'm thinking too. His replacement is going to have to win over support somehow, but Russia isn't the kind of country to do that with honesty, so they're going to have to pick a story to spin and roll with it, and it's going to be one of these two, and I think which one will determine the course of the war.

Although, there is of course the third option that whoever replaces Putin is even more incompetent than him, and they continue to fail even harder, and based on what we've seen with their whole military leadership that's definitely not out of the question lol.
Interesting points, but I'm sorry to say that I'm with GTI on this one (not sorry, that I agree with GTI, but with his position)

There are a couple of Russian mentalities - and all are shaped by Soviet style media

Too bad the Soviet Union is gone. We don't have to stand in line for a can of borscht anymore, but we had power and everybody was scared of us.

We've got it good, we have all of the luxuries and we have Putin to thank for that. NATO wants to take that away from us.

The media in Russia has controlled every single aspect of information.

Think of yourself as a minimum wage middle aged guy living in the midwest and the only channel you can watch is Newsmax - not because you want to, but because that is all that there is. Was trump treated badly?

The vast majority of Russians are in very rural areas, have little education, live in poverty and are exposed to one sided media with no choices.

cb1111

double serving of glorious spam
1663109404111.png

The rot runs deep in the Russian war machine. Ukraine is exposing it for all to see (msn.com)

Ukrainian Successes Raise Russian Collapse to Realm of Possibility (msn.com)

Russia's budget surplus tanked in August amid sanctions and slowing natural-gas supplies to Europe (msn.com)

Russia-Ukraine updates: Kyiv decries Germany's 'disappointing signals' on weapons (msn.com)

One of Russia’s top units all but wiped out and will take years to rebuild (msn.com)

Ukrainian troops tear down Russian billboards after Zelenskyy claims military successes | Watch (msn.com)

Russian troops forced to retreat in Ukraine were meant to be elite forces tough enough to fight NATO, UK intel says (msn.com)

Ukraine claims to have destroyed an Iranian-made drone in Kharkov oblast (msn.com)

Ukraine says its forces 'eliminated' an Iranian drone deployed by Russia as Putin's forces lose ground to the Ukrainian counterattack (msn.com)

Ukraine's advance in northeast likely turning point in war: Military analysts say (msn.com)

Om my, another tragic accident Putin ally falls into the sea, adding to list of mysterious deaths suffered by Russian energy bosses (msn.com)

CNN military analyst shows areas recovered by Ukrainian forces | Watch (msn.com)

See what Russians left behind after being run out of city | Watch (msn.com)

Ukraine Stands, Fights, and Wins (msn.com) I think it is a bit early to shove the fat lady out on stage, kicking and screaming

Ukrainian military enters Vovchansk in north-east Kharkiv | Watch (msn.com) Just to go on record, I’m not for the burning of flags – this isn’t a war that was started by the average Russian, but a politician that had power go to his head – for a long time.

Bolton: Putin 'is a lot closer' to using nuclear weapons in Ukraine (msn.com)

As Ukrainian forces surge, how might Putin spin the war? A glorious, fantastic success! (msn.com)

HIMARS rockets have been a 'game changer' in Ukraine, and the US Army is now looking for ways to build up to 500 more (msn.com)

Energy executive falls from boat in latest mysterious Russian death (msn.com)

Putin Faces Rising Opposition At Home Amid Ukraine Losses: Over 30 Lawmakers Call For His Resignation Over Harming 'Future Of Russia' (msn.com)

Pope Francis calls for end to Ukraine war during Kazakhstan visit (msn.com)

Pressure builds on Berlin to send battle tanks to Ukraine (msn.com)

Russia suffers 'stunning' defeat in Kharkiv (msn.com)

Russian Soldier Tells Dad Troops Have 'Nowhere to Run' as Ukraine Advances (msn.com)

Former US general says he is 'even more concerned' about Putin using nukes as Ukraine makes astonishing progress in its counteroffensive (msn.com)

That’ll certainly increase morale Russian Brigade Suspends Paying Injured Troops as Morale Collapses: Ukraine (msn.com)

Russian brewers hunt for hops as imports run short | Watch (msn.com)

Ukraine's soldiers inch toward Sievierodonetsk in major counteroffensive (msn.com)

It Will Take Years For Russia To Rebuild 'Severely Weakened' Forces, Britain Says (msn.com)

Ukraine Just Captured One Of Russia’s Most Capable Aerial Electronic Warfare Pods (msn.com)

Defense & National Security — Ukraine offense turns the tide (msn.com)

Borrell calls for Ukraine war to end soon but stresses that it is up to Putin to stop aggression (msn.com)

Opinion: Where Putin goes from here (msn.com)

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Ukrainian military enters Vovchansk in north-east Kharkiv | Watch (msn.com) "Just to go on record, I’m not for the burning of flags – this isn’t a war that was started by the average Russian, but a politician that had power go to his head – for a long time."

I disagree, I think the average Russian was very happy about Russia regaining regions previously held by the USSR.

I think the average Russian bears some of the blame.