GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ukraine: WAR Huh - What Is It Good For Absorootly Nothing

Corprin

Autocross Champion
As suggested here’s a new thread to discuss the happenings in Ukraine.

1. bullshit conspiracy theories, political rhetoric, and/or propaganda can stay in the appropriate thread.

2. only post verified information coming out of the war zone, or light humor/memes.

3. any NSFW content must be concealed via appropriate methods and labeled with description, i.e. dead body, wounds/blood, etc.

4. No personal attacks on other members.

Go.

Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion

Wouldn’t have said it better myself.

On the news this morning...about fecking right....try explaining that to your own lot "Ukrainians want us to liberate them from their Nazi government"...

The fact that Putin used the word Nazi (Neo) several times in his address yesterday shows he's grasping at straws to justify his land grab to bring Ukraine to heel..

golfdave

Autocross Champion

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
It shows Putin for the weak bully he is. Russia won't attack anyone where there's not a pre-determined outcome in their favor. I guess Afghanistan left its mark.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
It's foggy and dreary where I am for the second day in a row...it feels almost like the world is mourning what's happening in Ukraine.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
I consider Putin weak, but not Russia. I think it takes a weak man to bring the considerable military force of his country to bear on an obviously undermatched, and non-aggressive neighbor. But I agree with you...he's like what would have happened with Trump in charge of this country if it wasn't a democracy. Trump would have never left office, either, and we'd have never gotten him out of there.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
I'm waiting to see how the world will respond to this. Protests and condemnation mean absolutely nothing to the people of Ukraine. Sanctions are a pin prick to Russia.

Will the west just provide empty rhetoric while Ukraine has to pay the price for trying to actually self govern and break away from Russia? Are we going to help? What does help look like? Troops? Equipment?

Are countries going to open up their borders and take Ukrainian refugees?

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
I'm waiting to see how the world will respond to this. Protests and condemnation mean absolutely nothing to the people of Ukraine. Sanctions are a pin prick to Russia.

Will the west just provide empty rhetoric while Ukraine has to pay the price for trying to actually self govern and break away from Russia? Are we going to help? What does help look like? Troops? Equipment?

Good questions, all!

Daks

Autocross Champion

Big countries don't fight other big countries. They use smaller countries as a tool to do this. No one will come to actually wage war on Russia; as you stated, sanctions are worthless, and that's all that will happen.

This ends with Russia taking pieces of Ukraine, everyone being upset for a year and then forgetting about it. Everyone outside Ukrainians that is.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
1645797864737.jpeg

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Big countries don't fight other big countries. They use smaller countries as a tool to do this. No one will come to actually wage war on Russia; as you stated, sanctions are worthless, and that's all that will happen.

This ends with Russia taking pieces of Ukraine, everyone being upset for a year and then forgetting about it. Everyone outside Ukrainians that is.

If Russians occupy or create a puppet government, they’ll deal with an insurgency. Clearly learned nothing from past occupations.

Would be fun to see Ukraine admitted to NATO and watch Russian reaction when NATO troops respond in kind.

Daks

Autocross Champion
If Russians occupy or create a puppet government, they’ll deal with an insurgency. Clearly learned nothing from past occupations.

Would be fun to see Ukraine admitted to NATO and watch their reaction when those troops respond in kind.
NATO will never respond to Russia. Ever.

Corprin

Autocross Champion

We’ve been offloading MANPADs and ATGMs, as well as other items to wage war, into Ukraine for years, it really ramped up In the last couple months.

Poland and others have opened their borders to refugees, EU and US already starting to accept them.