GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Used Car Prices Keep Getting More Shocking

riceburner

Autocross Champion
it's the moderators fault used apr intakes are selling for $500 on here!

kyLman

Go Kart Champion
You think Biden should have honored Trump's leases for drilling in our national parks and preserves? What kind of sicko are you?

And again, ignorance is a choice. We are pumping oil at historic levels. It's almost like we keep track of this kind of stuff so you don't have to be ignorant, but Americans choose ignorance everytime.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=MCRFPUS2&f=A

You don't like Biden because you've imagined Biden cut oil production, even though he hasn't and I don't like Biden because he isn't cutting oil production.

Better yet, we still subsidize oil.
I don't like Biden because he is not supporting American interests. We are putting politicians in positions based on merits they have no control over (skin color, sexuality.) He is a shell of his former self. We deserve better.

cb1111

The chip shortage isn't just a "put a machine in a building and start cranking out chips" problem.

The issue isn't the building, but the machinery that requires years to build, deliver and install. Once installed, it takes several months to start cranking out chips.

This is somewhat similar to the surgical mask shortage, where the machines needed to be made (in China) shipped, received, installed and so forth. Oh, and the majority of the raw materials for the masks come from India and Pakistan.

Early last year, we set up a mask factory in Texas - two months to order the equipment, a month to ship it, another month to get it to TX and installed and finally a month to get everything calibrated.

And that was for pretty low tech equipment that didn't have the extremely close tolerances required for chips.

FWIW, if anybody is interested, the mask machines are cheap - about $350k and come with enough materials for a month (about 1 million masks). The ROI is pretty decent - materials cost about 3 cents and with labor and overhead, a mask is about 8 cents in the US.

Pre-pandemic, the retail cost of a mask was about 10 cents, shot up to about $1, then stabilized at 49 cents and are now back down to 20 cents or thereabouts.

Pre pandemic, we used about 14 million masks per day in hospital settings and COVID has increased that almost ten fold.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
it's the moderators fault used apr intakes are selling for $500 on here!
This is the most meaningful contribution so far. 2nd was the cat stuff and 3rd was Jay calling people poors.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
One thing I do know, is that I scored when I picked up my son's first car - a CPO'd 2018 Mazda3 with under 36,000 miles for $14,197 in September 2020.
Just beat the insanity.
If I had to car hunt for him now, things would be ridiculously awful.
Ha. Was having my CX9 serviced and walked around the lot.

Saw a beat up 2018 Mazda 3 with 100k miles for $17k.

I mean gouges in the bumper, curbed wheels, tow cover missing which means it was probably towed somewhere i. E. Potentially serious issues.

I was shocked by the condition of all the used cars. Either high mileage, rough condition and if not either, very high price

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I don't like Biden because he is not supporting American interests. We are putting politicians in positions based on merits they have no control over (skin color, sexuality.) He is a shell of his former self. We deserve better.

In what way is Biden not looking out for US interests. If you say it's because he isn't addressing the catostrophic effects of man made climate change, then you nailed it.

I 100% know you don't mean that, because you're mad that Biden won't let ExxonMobil drill an oil well in protected arctic preserves.

Do you think Trump was looking out for US interests during his term or even now?

Actually, you deserve a worse president, much worse.

Last edited:

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Ha. Was having my CX9 serviced and walked around the lot.

Saw a beat up 2018 Mazda 3 with 100k miles for $17k.

I mean gouges in the bumper, curbed wheels, tow cover missing which means it was probably towed somewhere i. E. Potentially serious issues.

I was shocked by the condition of all the used cars. Either high mileage, rough condition and if not either, very high price
Jeeze!
That makes me feel good, that's what I'm talking about.
My timing was coincidental, but boy was I lucky in it.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Trump did not have strong leadership skills or business acumen. That's why some of the most respected military leaders in our country all resigned from his administration. His business acumen has always been fraud and lies.

And that ignores his gross displays immorality and dishonesty.

If Trump is a strong leader to you, you don't know what leadership is. Agreed ,Biden isn't the best person for the job, though.
He was good at leading mobs and police against the people they don't like.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
The biggest problem is we don't get good candidates to vote for. And I don't see anyone on the horizon that looks good either.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The biggest problem is we don't get good candidates to vote for. And I don't see anyone on the horizon that looks good either.

Politics draws the exact opposite type of people needed to do what's best for an entire country. That's the sad reality.

Last edited:

kyLman

Go Kart Champion
In what way is Biden not looking out for US interests. If you say it's because he isn't addressing the catostrophic effects of man made climate change, then you nailed it.

I 100% know you don't mean that, because you're mad that Biden won't let ExxonMobil drill an oil well in protected arctic preserves.

Do you think Trump was looking out for US interests during his term or even now?

Actually, you deserve a worse president, much worse.
Afghanistan, oil, COVID policies, and now the emerging threat of China/ Russia/ Iran in the nuclear warhead race to Armageddon after vowing not to years prior.
I understand you want alternative energy, we want the same things. We just see how to get there differently.

By the way, I never said Trump anything in my rebuttals. You brought him up. Are your emotions still tied to him?

We did get a worse president, we got half a president in Biden.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Afghanistan, oil, COVID policies, and now the emerging threat of China/ Russia/ Iran in the nuclear warhead race to Armageddon after vowing not to years prior.
I understand you want alternative energy, we want the same things. We just see how to get there differently.

By the way, I never said Trump anything in my rebuttals. You brought him up. Are your emotions still tied to him?

We did get a worse president, we got half a president in Biden.

Like I said, you deserved Trump as your president, just like the Afghans got the government they deserved.