GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vehicle exchange program - Cardinals VW

9uns

Autocross Champion
Thoughts? Could I potentially trade my 17 SE for a 18/19 SE for less than what I'm paying now?

vj123

Autocross Newbie
I would never do a purchase by payment numbers. That gives an upper hand to the dealer.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
No, cause you already paid for owning your current car for X amount of months. It has also significantly depreciated over this time.

Comparing monthly payments is not understanding all the factors in play when trading in a car.

You're losing thousands of dollars trying to save $30 a month.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
less per month over a longer period of time = sure.

It's still a bad idea unless you don't like your current car.

pitterchi

Ready to race!
Its not a trap, its marketing.

My dealership had an "Exchange Program" which I used to see what they would offer me for my trade. There's nothing in the ad thats "special".

After they checked my car, I left and took my car to 3 other places. The "Exchange Program" turned out to be 3k more than any other offer.

If you're considering a new car, it can't hurt but don't think its anything more than a trade in.

9uns

Autocross Champion
less per month over a longer period of time = sure.

It's still a bad idea unless you don't like your current car.
Not that I don't like it, it's just that had I know the facelifted models were already available when I bought my 17 I would've been happier. 1st world problems.
Its not a trap, its marketing.

My dealership had an "Exchange Program" which I used to see what they would offer me for my trade. There's nothing in the ad thats "special".

After they checked my car, I left and took my car to 3 other places. The "Exchange Program" turned out to be 3k more than any other offer.

If you're considering a new car, it can't hurt but don't think its anything more than a trade in.
Might be interesting to see what they would offer for my 17 w/ one small rear end love tap accident.

FrostyMK7

I currently work at a dealership that uses a vendor similar to this.

If you do upgrade your car, it's essentially like you leased your current car and are upgrading to a new one.

Like Mud mentioned, it is less per month but you will be re-starting your financing/loan so you will be paying it off for longer. Not worth it IMO, unless you are wanting to upgrade anyway.