GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Virtual Cockpit Navigation

Azhar saleem

Thanks bud that is helpful and the 7UG has the ability to have the map on virtual cockpit right? I will check it out! Thank you

Gazinet

So first off the package code for discovery media and pro and what they consist:
RBF Package:
Navigation system "Discover Media" incl. voice control QK1 - Multifunction camera
QR9 - Dynamic Road Sign Display
QV3 - Digital radio reception DAB+
7UT - Navigation system "Discover Media"
8AR - Radio
8RT - 6+1 speakers
9WJ - App-Connect incl. App-Connect Wireless for Apple CarPlay

RCB Package:
Navigation system "Discover Pro"
EL5 - Online service, with OCU, with head unit coding, without engine immobilizer interconnection QH1 - Voice control
QK1 - Multifunction camera
QR9 - Dynamic Road Sign Display
QV3 - Digital radio reception DAB+
7UG - Navigation system "Discover Pro" incl. Streaming & Internet
8AR - Radio
8RT - 6+1 speakers
9WJ - App-Connect incl. App-Connect Wireless for Apple CarPlay

I just checked with my VW rep and he sent me all the pr-codes and Package code for my car and I do have the RCB package with 7UG Discover Pro. :giggle:
if you have the 7UG code then you have the Discovery Pro.
If it's 7UT then you have the Discovery Media.
Where do I find the codes on the car please.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
The VW rep that I ordered the car emailed me the full code list of my car.
I Know there should be a data sticker in the car where certain pr-codes are printed. Check beside the spare wheel ... also check in the manual if you have one...
I contact with VW Ireland through Volkswagen Facebook messenger and they always get back to me at the end of the day with answers.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
It seems that maybe there is a solution to get the maps on the cockpit screen with Discovery Media , through diagnostic coding...
Also with coding you can activate video in motion and more...

Gazinet

It seems that maybe there is a solution to get the maps on the cockpit screen with Discovery Media , through diagnostic coding...
Also with coding you can activate video in motion and more...
Thats great. How do I get it done.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Wont be possible with obdeleven or vcds for now because of the new SFD protection in some of the control units. Only someone who has access to the SFD tokens and coding tool could get it done just like the crowd above.

Pinocchio

Passed Driver's Ed
My dealer told me, the forst mk8 golfs were fitted with discover media pro,which mine has. I have a Life 150 etsi.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
I got my Mk8 GTE the end of October. It has all the bells and whistles BUT it won’t display the Sat Nav map on the cockpit screen. Not the end of the world but a bit mean on VW’s part bearing in mind it‘s quite an expensive car. Can’t update through the online ‘Shop’ and I don’t recall seeing it in the option list.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Hi maturedriver does your car come with the side-assist ? if so does the rear traffic alert appear in the driver assist menu? I am trying to piece together information about the RTA. Thanks

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Your car comes with the Discovery Media which VW decided that it can't display the maps on the Cockpit screen. In Italy it's the same thing and many have sent emails and letters to VW ranting about it, because they were told that this function was available. It's a step back from the Golf 7.
My theory is that VW will eventually add all these functions in the online Shop so they can make more money.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Hi maturedriver does your car come with the side-assist ? if so does the rear traffic alert appear in the driver assist menu? I am trying to piece together information about the RTA. Thanks
It appears to have side assist. I have yellow lights on the door mirrors that light up when a car is coming past on an adjoining lane. I think it has rear assist. Where do I find the ‘driver assist menu’?

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
it would be in the menu where all the driving assist options are enabled or disabled.
Or when in reverse the 2 rear side sensor indicators, as circled in the image, are longer than the inner ones.
RTA.png

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Just checked! I don’t have Rear Assist. I’m pretty sure it was included in the online brochure when I ordered but since online brochures can be updated at anytime it’s very easy to downgrade specifications between ordering and delivery.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Have you checked in the settings to be sure it is not disabled. I am getting conflicting information between those that have the rear traffic assist and those that don't with side assist. VW seem to be adding and removing stuff every month...
You need to press the top-left button beside the triangle warning switch and then in the menu on the infotainment press the circle button at the top of the drive assist graphic menu as seen in this photo:
ACC.jpg

Last edited:

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Did as you suggested. I don’t think I have Rear assist. It appears that I have -
Lane assist
Side assist
Dynamic road sign assist
Eco assist
Front assist
Emergency assist.

Will question my VW dealer on Wednesday since the car is going in to sort out the central locking (2nd time). Will only work with the fob. Alexia no longer working. Great car but...................