GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Volume and temperature sliders not backlit.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Is it normal that neither the volume and temperature controls are backlit. I know where they are and they light up when touched but since all other controls are backlit I’m rather surprised.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Yes it is normal unfortunately. I dont know why they never added the backlight to these controls. Can get away with changing the volume with the steering buttons but the climate controls!!!

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for that Massimo 2323. I like to learn about a car prior to delivery. In fact with my Mk8 I borrowed a copy of the handbook from my dealer. Not that it was very helpful without the car. You seem to take research to a whole new level!!! Once you have the car you will obviously be even more knowledgeable. Hopefully we can draw on your knowledge going forward?

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Of course. Its great to help each other. Yeah well i went the extra mile and downloaded all the diagrams of the car and part numbers ...
I know more about it then the VW garage 😂😂😂

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Always amazed how little car salesmen know about their products. In my case the salesman told me the GTE had heated seats. I explained that it didn’t to which he then spent several minutes on his tablet seeing if I was right. I was! As an aside no great loss, in my previous car I had them and only used them twice in four and a half years.

sheardypants

This is really useful im glad i found this thread I've just booked my car in because these lights arent working and all the staff seemed to think they should be over the phone, ill cancel it now!
Cheers

Tony oddjob

Had my Golf style etsi 8 months now and love it, but only found out this week that I can make the heated seats and steering wheel come on automatically when the temperature is below 12 degrees. So much easier than turning them on every morning.

josephvman

Had my Golf style etsi 8 months now and love it, but only found out this week that I can make the heated seats and steering wheel come on automatically when the temperature is below 12 degrees. So much easier than turning them on every morning.

Tony, how do you do this?