GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Likely to Produce MQB-based Pickup

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Hope it’s not the design you linked.
I like the look of a prior prototype.
Looks more like a truck and not a Ridgeline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Hope it’s not the design you linked.
I like the look of a prior prototype.
Looks more like a truck and not a Ridgeline.

+1 If they make the Tanoak, that will be my next vehicle. Just hope they decide to put the V6 from the Atlas in it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Hoon

Autocross Champion
MQB based? WTF no.

If you're going to build a truck, build a truck not a GTI with a bed on it.

The next gen Tacoma is going to be built on the tundra frame. Do I want that or a GTI with a bed to tow and haul shit...hmm IDK

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
MQB based? WTF no.

If you're going to build a truck, build a truck not a GTI with a bed on it.

The next gen Tacoma is going to be built on the tundra frame. Do I want that or a GTI with a bed to tow and haul shit...hmm IDK

Not sure VW can import a truck.
USA has what I think they call the chicken tax that keeps this from happening.
Trucks must be made here. Reason Toyota makes them in Texas.
I have heard before that VW and Ford are talking and the frame could be the Ford Ranger. Maybe then assembled in Chattanooga.
The picture I posted looks about the size of a Ranger
Also heard VW might make a truck smaller than a Ranger, maybe cut down frame, that Ford would also benefit from somehow. As you know Ford will only make trucks SUV’s and Mustangs. So, more truck options possible.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Not sure VW can import a truck.
USA has what I think they call the chicken tax that keeps this from happening.
Trucks must be made here. Reason Toyota makes them in Texas.
I have heard before that VW and Ford are talking and the frame could be the Ford Ranger. Maybe then assembled in Chattanooga.
The picture I posted looks about the size of a Ranger
Also heard VW might make a truck smaller than a Ranger, maybe cut down frame, that Ford would also benefit from somehow. As you know Ford will only make trucks SUV’s and Mustangs. So, more truck options possible.

I'm old so I remember the CT fiasco. Ever see a Subaru BRAT?

Jumpseats

The USA and Canada's version also had carpeting and welded-in rear-facing jumpseats in the cargo area. These were a tariff-avoidance ploy, with the plastic seats in the cargo bed allowing Subaru to classify the BRAT as a passenger car - charged only a 2.5%, compared to 25% tariff on light trucks due to Chicken tax. They were discontinued after the 1985 model year.

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
I'm old so I remember the CT fiasco. Ever see a Subaru BRAT?

Jumpseats

The USA and Canada's version also had carpeting and welded-in rear-facing jumpseats in the cargo area. These were a tariff-avoidance ploy, with the plastic seats in the cargo bed allowing Subaru to classify the BRAT as a passenger car - charged only a 2.5%, compared to 25% tariff on light trucks due to Chicken tax. They were discontinued after the 1985 model year.

My Dad looked at a new one on the lot.
Remember sitting in one of the back seats.
Daily use would not be practical but when you are a kid it looked cool.

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
Um - if you can't put a full 4'x8' sheet of plywood in the bed, and close the tailgate, it's not really a truck. ;)

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Um - if you can't put a full 4'x8' sheet of plywood in the bed, and close the tailgate, it's not really a truck. ;)
Or SUV for that matter.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk