GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW MK8 license plate relocation kit installed on my car

cycler

A few people on another forum were asking whether anyone makes a tow hook license plate bracket for the MK8. Before I saw what another forum posted I ordered the JGR relocation kit. I didnt know that the MK7.5 and older generation relocation plates kits didnt fit the MK8. I responded that I ordered the JGR. And then read that the ones for the MK7.5 and older wouldnt fit the MK8. After looking at the pic the forum member posted I ordered the one he posted a pic of. The company is called rho-plate. They are up in Canada. You can mount it two ways. The way I mounted it in the picture which is a little higher. Or you can mount it lower where the top of the plate holder is on the same level as the top of the bumper. But in the pics, the one mounted lower is on a Golf R and the higher mounted one like mine is on the Golf GTI. I think its mounted higher on the GTI so it doesnt block the the fog lights. I also ordered these rubber license plate covers. I didnt want to take a chance of the front and rear plates rattling a bit. I hate having the dealer vanity cover on my car. And if you remove them the plates look a bit naked. The company that makes these rubber convers is www.solidbrandgroup.com They come 2 per pack. One for the front and one for the rear. They were $17 on Amazon. Here is the website for Rho-plate. This is the link to the plate relocation kit. The price listed is $129 but thats in Canadian dollars. Its around $105 shipped in US dollars. The Rho-plate came 5 days after I ordered it. https://www.rho-plate.ca/products/volkswagen-golf-r-gti-mk8-2022-rho-plate-v2

Attachments

• Plate1.jpg
    Plate1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 408
  • plate2.jpg
    plate2.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 385
  • plate3.jpg
    plate3.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 306
  • plate4.jpg
    plate4.jpg