GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Waiting For My GTD - share the pain

NathanToonn

Sold my MK6 Golf TDI SE 2.0 (110ps) at the beggining of March in order to purchase a Mercedes A Class AMG Sport. During the test drive it felt like pure betrayal to the Volkswagen brand. The build quality just didnt feel on par with its german rival. Within 20 minutes of being in my VW dealer im sitting there ordering a Pure White 3-Door GTD - KEYLESS ENTRY, DYNAUDIO SOUND SYSTEM, SPORT AND SOUND PACK (hoping i get red brake calipers which ive seen mixed views on whether its included or not, not essential but it looks good).

ordered the car 26th March 2014,
checked the tracker the other day to my suprise so early on my build week will commence on 11th May 2014 ? Should i get excited ? Or is my car a lot further away than i think. I had in mind mid June delivery?.

Being 21 years old this car feels like a lottery jackpot waiting to arrive and im pulling my hair out checking the tracker each day !!

Also how dramatic is the increase from the mk6 at 110ps to a GTD of 184ps ?? obviously im aware its more but im trying to get my head around it in depth lol.

If anyone is waiting keep me updated on your progress and share the pain with me !!

wobbler

Ready to race!
Patience young jedi......lol. I feel your pain. I ordered mine on 18/1/14 and it's just shown "in transit" on the tracker. Should be mine in approx 3 weeks :)

NathanToonn

Patience young jedi......lol. I feel your pain. I ordered mine on 18/1/14 and it's just shown "in transit" on the tracker. Should be mine in approx 3 weeks :)

Looks like my estimated delivery date of 31st July isnt far out then. Although the salesman told me verbally 3 months wait, although im aware they will say anything for their commission... who wouldnt?.

I think i have to drum into my head that ill pick it up on the 1st september on the new plate. Gives me at least 2-3 months from then to enjoy the roads before the gritters come out and vandalise them with salt and the potholes re emerge!!.

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
We all feel your pain. I waited 4.5 months for mine. I know this will be little concellation but if you achieve june delivery then you have done well. Some people have waited longer than me.

I guarantee it will be worth the wait. I went from a MK6 GT 140 TDI which I considered to be quick the extra torque from the 184 puts the GTD light years ahead. I'm getting better MPG from the GTD as well so its win win.

I see a white GTD regularly. It looks well and will be more exclusive than the hundreds of carbon grey GTD every one has or is waiting for. (Just kidding MarkV + others)

Anyway Red is the best :p

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
We all feel your pain. I waited 4.5 months for mine. I know this will be little concellation but if you achieve june delivery then you have done well. Some people have waited longer than me.

I guarantee it will be worth the wait. I went from a MK6 GT 140 TDI which I considered to be quick the extra torque from the 184 puts the GTD light years ahead. I'm getting better MPG from the GTD as well so its win win.

I see a white GTD regularly. It looks well and will be more exclusive than the hundreds of carbon grey GTD every one has or is waiting for. (Just kidding MarkV + others)

Anyway Red is the best :p

Have to agree :):). Pure white was my first choice.

NathanToonn

I'm happy with the pure white choice just as long as those red brake calipers come with the sport and sound package. It completes the look for me, although the Santiagos are starting to grow on me now although I couldn't justify the extra money for them!!

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
I'm happy with the pure white choice just as long as those red brake calipers come with the sport and sound package. It completes the look for me, although the Santiagos are starting to grow on me now although I couldn't justify the extra money for them!!

Yes you get the red callipers, enjoy I'm sure you will. I was in the same boat, but when you see the standard Gtd wheels you will be pleased.

jjm51

Ready to race!
congrats nathan.

i remember my first 'new' car at 22; a saab 900. was a piece of crap, but i loved it. put over 250k miles on it over 12 years...

'hunger is the best sauce.' ;)

i know you want your car right now. but, it'll be here soon enough. the wait will make it that much sweeter hopefully.

your lucky actually. we americans have been waiting for 1.5 years now...and, still no exact confirmation of the golfs arrival. hopefully another month or so.

enjoy your ride when you get it.

john

Tornado Red Brink

Ordered my 5dr GTD Tornado Red beginning of March, and still no confirmed B/W from VW.
Have been told to expect delivery early June by dealership!!

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Ordered my 5dr GTD Tornado Red beginning of March, and still no confirmed B/W from VW.
Have been told to expect delivery early June by dealership!!
If you got a confirmed build week today it would be four weeks time - ie end of may - car would then be delivered second half of June - likely collected more towards the end of June.

GC854

Ready to race!
Heaven :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 1,363

paultwdavey

Passed Driver's Ed
If you got a confirmed build week today it would be four weeks time - ie end of may - car would then be delivered second half of June - likely collected more towards the end of June.

My car is in transit now, the tracker says that on average, it takes 4 weeks from build to arriving at the dealer. So as Mark V says, I'd say end of June as well :)

From the tracker:
Your car has been built and has now left the factory. On average it takes 4 weeks from build for this model to reach your local Volkswagen Retailer.

wobbler

Ready to race!
I got a text this morning saying my car is at stage 5b (shipping) so hopefully not long now.