GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Walking Dead

DT EXP

Chewing Gum & Kicking Azz

Angel@forge

Go Kart Champion
I have all the comics and have been looking forward to the series.... I have it waiting at home but haven't watched it yet. The reviews so far sound like they took it in the right direction and although not 100% faithful to the comic the changes made should mostly work better, especially given the format.

TornadoFast09

Go Kart Champion
it was pretty good!! i DEF wanna see what happens next, worth the watch. every episode seems like a mini-movie

GTIMKVFAST08

schmoser boser....
ya i thought it was good, the main dude is alittle annoying tho....

DeathB4Dishonr

Lasers go Pew Pew
I have all the comics and have been looking forward to the series.... I have it waiting at home but haven't watched it yet. The reviews so far sound like they took it in the right direction and although not 100% faithful to the comic the changes made should mostly work better, especially given the format.

ive been reading all the comics as well(dont own them, go to the store and read :biggrin:) its been a long time since ive seen the first episode, but after i watched it sunday, i looked up the first comic online and they matched it probably 90% or better IMO. im super impressed and happy. they added in some stuff that wasnt in the comic, but that isnt a surprise.

Angel@forge

Go Kart Champion
Exactly, most changes are more tweaks than anything and translate better on screen then they would have otherwise. Something to look forward to every week :)

My wife likely won't watch it with me but my sons are both very keen as they were exposed to the comics for years. Especially my 10 year old, he loves to read and really got into some of the comics in this vain.

ive been reading all the comics as well(dont own them, go to the store and read :biggrin:) its been a long time since ive seen the first episode, but after i watched it sunday, i looked up the first comic online and they matched it probably 90% or better IMO. im super impressed and happy. they added in some stuff that wasnt in the comic, but that isnt a surprise.

DeathB4Dishonr

Lasers go Pew Pew
Exactly, most changes are more tweaks than anything and translate better on screen then they would have otherwise. Something to look forward to every week :)

My wife likely won't watch it with me but my sons are both very keen as they were exposed to the comics for years. Especially my 10 year old, he loves to read and really got into some of the comics in this vain.

thats awesome that your son is into comics, im honestly dissapointed that comics are going out of fashion(im only 23, but ive always loved comics and old cartoons) i will admit that im a bit surprised you let your son read the walking dead comics, theyre a bit graphic. not trying to judge your parenting, i think its awesome that he reads comics of that style and likes them, just a little surprised at the same time. i know if i was 10 and looking at comics like that, i would probably end up with nightmares, haha.

ohh, just a fyi, the episode ran for a good hour and a half or 2 hours with commercials. probably around an hour long w/o commercial breaks. just so you get a good idea of how much time you need to watch it. :thumbsup:

DT EXP

Awesome.. iTunes is selling the season pass for 8.99... All 6 shows.. not too bad.. I know the last one was 90 mins and the next will be 90 mins as well

Angel@forge

Go Kart Champion
I'm with you on the lack of enthusiasm for the genre.

fwiw, I knew my approach to parenting long before I ever had kids. It's all calculated :)

I beg to differ on the approach most take, and I feel that in many cases my approach would win out. Of course the children have to have some common sense to begin with, something lacking in many cases. It's all about transparency and education. Can't expect that kids will suddenly be granted all this wisdom once they turn 18 or 21. Even more so when the folks at the controls rarely can be bothered to really put in any time, any real time and effort into understanding and evaluating their children's state and awareness. They are the center of our world and we are together all the time, our social lives even involve them for better or for worse. They are in that way exposed to more real world interaction and not relegated to playing the role of burden or unseen/unheard shackle when adults are about.

My sons are extremely intelligent (130+ iq as tested to date), well adjusted and aware of the world around them as it actually exists.... something I cant say for most adults. They have gone toe to toe with adults on many occasions and are able to hold their own and then some, never being looked at as less than a full person by those that know them. They have thus far been honor roll and "gifted" students. That will almost certainly change as they get older, push the boundaries and find their comfort zone, but it's only a small part of what I expect out of them.

I wouldn't have had kids, only two mind, if I couldn't have taken this approach. I didn't plan on getting married or having kids originally, but then I had the good fortune of meeting the person that would allow me to see the value in it. Took a little convincing early on given her southern baptist upbringing ( with 3 out of 3 kids leaving home before their 18th birthday I might add ), the outright lies and fear mongering that she was subjected to when younger, but as she learned more and experienced more she arrived at mostly the same conclusions.

In the end it wasn't too tough as it's mostly the approach my mother took with my brother and I. Minus the half hearted attempt at a roman catholic upbringing. Thankfully never pushed on us very much at all. My time spent as the only atheist at a Newfoundland catholic school were interesting to say the least.

I only wish that more of you guys could meet them. They are really awesome kids.

thats awesome that your son is into comics, im honestly dissapointed that comics are going out of fashion(im only 23, but ive always loved comics and old cartoons) i will admit that im a bit surprised you let your son read the walking dead comics, theyre a bit graphic. not trying to judge your parenting, i think its awesome that he reads comics of that style and likes them, just a little surprised at the same time. i know if i was 10 and looking at comics like that, i would probably end up with nightmares, haha.

ohh, just a fyi, the episode ran for a good hour and a half or 2 hours with commercials. probably around an hour long w/o commercial breaks. just so you get a good idea of how much time you need to watch it. :thumbsup:

DT EXP

Just watched it.. Very awesome.. Happy to see when things hold true to the written story.. more or less that is

HyeWarrior

Banned
I watched it, freaking LOVE it. Can't wait for the new episode, are all of them gonna be an hour and a half long?