GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Warning Triangle

Pep2272

Did you see my post on the keyless entry software code that is needed for keyless issues? I didn't know whether to create a unique post fit anyone who might search for a fix.

M4ttV

Passed Driver's Ed
On order. Currently somewhere between here and Germany. Will report once it arrives.

M4ttV

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes it fits:

4E523C95-ADD9-42E7-AA54-05606EF5E478.jpeg

ieddtech

Passed Driver's Ed
In Canada....the best price yer gonna get on this...brand new...from VW...is $169. (Tax incl.)

I bought one from a guy on ebay in Germany...installed once in his vehicle...$58 and change CAD. This is the correct part #: 1T0860250C

The reason...they don't come w/new vehicles anymore...is that German law has now lifted the requirement for safety/warning triangles to be installed. No longer a requirement.

MY question to the dealer was...WHY...is there a gaping HOLE...in the panel of the hatch? If the triangle is no longer required...(but maybe you still want to install one...like I did...) WHY...didn't they make a T-shaped snap-on COVER....for that cavernous hole???

Ans: "VW cheaping out."

NoCaution

SofaKingEuro.com
Not for nothing, but there's certainly a market for someone with a 3D printer to make a few bucks here. I'd be open to buying a cover or some other creative accessory for that big hole.

walker

Go Kart Newbie
Has anyone printed a cover for this yet? I found one on etsy for the ID.4. Contacted the guy to ask if it's the same size hole. Maybe someone who has access to a MK8 GTI and an ID.4 can confirm?

edit: no go on the ID.4 one. It's slightly different enough to not fit.

Last edited: