GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What’s for dinner tonight?

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
I am stopping at the smoke house on way home. Real bacon that is going to be a BLT salad.

Hint: equal parts mayo/sr cream with juice of 1/2 lemon and black pepper = dressing. Also lightly toast bread, cut into cubes then finish in pan with bacon drippings

vjmvjm

Drag Racing Champion
I didn't know that they have bacon at the smoke house.
1660911740128.png

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
^^^not a seafood person but it looks beautiful

Reminder: it's august, if you are not getting fresh corn every week you are not living the American dream

dragonskiss

Ready to race!
Needs more wasabi

There was absolutely no shortage of wasabi in that meal. When the wife and I finished the portion that was initially served to us with the sashimi, I opted to grate Shizuouka's finest raw wasabi myself. If you're a wasabi fanatic, give it a try. It has a wonderful, slightly sweet flavor which pairs so well with many different dishes.

shizuoukawasabi.jpg

Last edited:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
What a small world! Yes, this was in Higashiizu. When did you get your cert?

Cert was in 2006, don’t remember the month. Was stationed at Camp Zama and did it through our MWR (Zama-Shi, Kanagawa-Ken). Burned untold liters of gas on the Hakone Turnpike and Izu Skyline.

I would sell vital parts of Zrickety’s anatomy to be living in Kanto again.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
There was absolutely no shortage of wasabi in that meal. When the wife and I finished the portion that was initially served to us with the sashimi, I opted to grate Shizuouka's finest raw wasabi myself. If you're a wasabi fanatic, give it a try. It has a wonderful, slightly sweet flavor which pairs so well with many different dishes.

View attachment 258625
Sorry, I made a Lloyd rule violation. It was pure sarcasm with a bit of truth, as I can never get enough wasabi.