GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What’s your favorite Tool?

Treadup

Autocross Champion
I enjoy working with tools, buying tools, researching tools and recently watching a lot of Tested with Adam Savage. Came across This episode today where he talks about a Milwaukee socket set. I really like organization and the sets he shows are pretty cool.
My shop isn’t perfect but it has the potential for sure. I find my 4x8 pegboard super useful but really need to buy a bigger tool box. I currently have tools spread between the pegboard and three other tool boxes.
So, what’s something in your shop/garage you think everyone should have?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Toolbox Widgets are one of my most recent purchases.
1351EB4F-C3F5-4625-82A0-293D2AF5DFA9.jpeg

Here’s some of my favorites.

Also, $11 USA made garden sprayer with a 6” long piece of 5/16 brake line as a nozzle = pressure pot for gear oil

34AD00A7-74CF-41E0-AFCB-5E16B71185F4.jpeg

Treadup

Autocross Champion
We use ingersoll rand 90s at work but for some reason we have trouble getting them through customs here in Mexico. I ordered the M12 90 deg ratchets for the techs and the loved them. Much more compact and lighter than the industrial ingersoll rand ones.
That setup you have @jay745 is right up my alley. I saw @GTI Jake had several Milwaukee power tools in his shop and on the video he posted. Great stuff for sure.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
To what has been said, only to add these 2.
One for tight spaces like turbo spaces and the other because if you have not a build in torque hand you will need one of these...

Attachments

• tool.jpg
    tool.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 8214913C-C3E0-4E16-A245-B27E77EE629B.jpeg
    8214913C-C3E0-4E16-A245-B27E77EE629B.jpeg
    207.7 KB · Views: 101

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
We use ingersoll rand 90s at work but for some reason we have trouble getting them through customs here in Mexico. I ordered the M12 90 deg ratchets for the techs and the loved them. Much more compact and lighter than the industrial ingersoll rand ones.
That setup you have @jay745 is right up my alley. I saw @GTI Jake had several Milwaukee power tools in his shop and on the video he posted. Great stuff for sure.

A M12 Fuel 3/8 ratchet is on my short list. I was leaning towards 1/4 drive, but after putting hands on several models the 3/8 isn’t much larger and the brushless performance of the “fuel” models is always worth the slight premium in my experience.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
To what has been said, only to add these 2.
One for tight spaces like turbo spaces and the other because if you have not a build in torque hand you will need one of these...

Bro. What the hell is going on with that cropping on the second image?!?! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I've become very partial to my Milwaukee stubby impact. Its found its way up to being one of my favorite tools. I have one of the 3/8" M12 ratchets, and hardly ever use it.

cb1111

Milwaukee for power tools (both M18 and M12), DeWalt for bit (often on sale), Wera, Knipex, Gedore, NWS, Klein for hand tools, Grip-On for vise grips, Wright for wrenches and Engineer/Vampire for tools to remove stuck/stripped screws