GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What are your thoughts on this - Trans Weightlifter

Corprin

Autocross Champion
1624546319411.jpeg

Turbongr

Ready to race!
It's a weird thing....growing up in the Bay Area I always knew gay folk but I left before this became a really hot button issue so it still kind of rubs me the wrong way. Going to be some growing pains but it'll be a nonissue sooner than later and the world will be a better place for it.

And yeah....what Keesh said.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
It's a weird thing....growing up in the Bay Area I always knew gay folk but I left before this became a really hot button issue so it still kind of rubs me the wrong way. Going to be some growing pains but it'll be a nonissue sooner than later and the world will be a better place for it.

And yeah....what Keesh said.

Also grew up in the Bay. I left in 2000 to travel the world. So I was well conditioned for my life long “who gives a shit, you do you” by then.

My biggest eye opener was in Appalachian Alabama, circa 1998, when my buddy was refused a taxi ride because the cabbie didn’t “serve his kind.” Was at that point I started to notice the obvious clues all around me that this was still that south.

You do you, till your predisposed physical strength crushes in the skulls of others because you transitioned.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
The problem is that regardless of how much what Keehs said makes total sense, it runs contrary to the LGBTQIA+ narrative. They've decided to stick with the line that "trans women are women" and admitting anything to the contrary, even obvious physiological differences, is forbidden. Even trying to engage in a good faith discussion on the topic will get you called "transphobic" in a hurry. It's a shame because people who would otherwise be allies (like me or Keehs, or any other of the seemingly reasonable responders in this thread) get treated like the enemy, despite the fact that we might support non-discrimination in every other area.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
The problem is that regardless of how much what Keehs said makes total sense, it runs contrary to the LGBTQIA+ narrative. They've decided to stick with the line that "trans women are women" and admitting anything to the contrary, even obvious physiological differences, is forbidden. Even trying to engage in a good faith discussion on the topic will get you called "transphobic" in a hurry. It's a shame because people who would otherwise be allies (like me or Keehs, or any other of the seemingly reasonable responders in this thread) get treated like the enemy, despite the fact that we might support non-discrimination in every other area.
It does force a situation where one would want to raise his hands and take a few steps back. Due to our not being qualified enough to kick in two cents.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
It does force a situation where one would want to raise his hands and take a few steps back. Due to our not being qualified enough to kick in two cents.

According to a YouTube personality who can’t read cursive, I have a history of cross dressing, so does that make me qualified?!?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
This debate has been around for awhile..remember this version of the discussion??

Caster Semenya - Wikipedia

The skull & pelvis are different between males & females..plus the bones on males are thicker & denser.....so even after you are long dead & buried your skeleton will be identified as what you were born as regardless of what you identify as or have cosmetic surgery to alter..

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
This debate has been around for awhile..remember this version of the discussion??

Caster Semenya - Wikipedia

The skull & pelvis are different between males & females..plus the bones on males are thicker & denser.....so even after you are long dead & buried your skeleton will be identified as what you were born as regardless of what you identify as or have cosmetic surgery to alter..
It won't matter at that point. 😂

JC_451

Autocross Champion
A man's ring finger is always longer than their index finger.