GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What broke on your 2.5 since you own it?

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Thats surprising, never hear of that before on a VW head light.:iono:

The 2.5L was bad. I swapped them with the TDI headlights before the buyback and they have also done the same thing but not as extreme. I have been looking for stock replacements but they are $$$.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
The 2.5L was bad. I swapped them with the TDI headlights before the buyback and they have also done the same thing but not as extreme. I have been looking for stock replacements but they are $$$.
Thanks, I learnt something! I wasn't aware!

Mine are fine, no cracks anywhere but many dime size stone chips on the hood and sandblasting, I wonder what we do differently.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks, I learnt something! I wasn't aware!

Mine are fine, no cracks anywhere but many dime size stone chips on the hood and sandblasting, I wonder what we do differently.

I am guessing it is the intensity of the sun where I am at compared to where you are at.

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
I don't remember the milleage, but I got the car at 130 000km, I replaced the valve cover gasket twice, front wheel bearings, link kit and the differential broke near 178 000km, swapped for a 02Q and no issues so far

I'm now at 191 000km almost 192 000km, the car run fine and I drive it hard pretty much everyday since I own it

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Sanden AC Compressor at 223000 km. Lost most of the R134 so what was really supposed to be a simple unbolt and replace was made harder by the difficult removal of the belts and tenssioners.

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!
155k Cam Sensor.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I should have went with that brand. I went with Topran instead and it broke after 1 month lmao.

Are broken rear coil springs common on the Mk6 that are driven in the shitty salty roads of Quebec?
I have a broken front spring, I checked with my buddy at VW, broken springs are not common on the Golf but it does happen. You should confirm that the spring is broken coz if it just that one side is higher than the other it could be a rubber part that has fallen apart.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
I have a broken front spring, I checked with my buddy at VW, broken springs are not common on the Golf but it does happen. You should confirm that the spring is broken coz if it just that one side is higher than the other it could be a rubber part that has fallen apart.

I wouldn't think so. They are pretty stout. Are these stock springs, GTI springs or aftermarket?

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
I am getting ready to replace the vacume pump. It is leaking a little oil. I found what I think was half of a valve cover bolt grommet in my oil pan pickup tube screen.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
At 251000 km, I ordered a Front wheel bearing for the right side, the left (Drivers) side was replaced almost 2 years ago.