GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Hi Vinnie, sorry to hear.

At first glance based on the symptoms I would say that you need the valve body cleaned out and fresh fluid BUT after seeing the sensor outputs you may have a Module problem.

PS. make sure you have ground and the harness is not damaged or eaten by mice.

Last edited:

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Hi Vinnie, sorry to hear.

At first glance based on the symptoms I would say that you need the valve body cleaned out and fresh fluid BUT after seeing the sensor outputs you may have a Module problem.

PS. make sure you have ground and the harness is not damaged or eaten by mice.
Thanks for the reply. Any ideas where the hardness is located, Im guessing u meant inside the transmission pan or outside?

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Quic search of the Internet says On the Jetta "The TCM is located in the engine compartment, along the drivers side. About 1/2 way back from the headlight".

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
So my automatic transmission issues has been resolved, thanks to Mark, my mechanic and I were able to find the transmission hardness with couple wires that were barely attached to connector. Once we rewired the connector, everything is back to normal 😁

Attachments

• 20230424_122248.jpg
    20230424_122248.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 49
  • MTXX_PT20230429_210456583.jpg
    MTXX_PT20230429_210456583.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 46

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
So my automatic transmission issues has been resolved, thanks to Mark, my mechanic and I were able to find the transmission hardness with couple wires that were barely attached to connector. Once we rewired the connector, everything is back to normal 😁
Vinnie, you should have the Transmission and Dogbone Mounts checked, if you haven't already replaced them, excessive engine/transmission movement maybe causing stress on the connector.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Hope all you 2.5L owners are doing well. I am assuming everyone's cars are doing awesome since there not much chatter on here anymore. Did't do anything to the car today but did go up palomar mountains yesterday to run an errand and they just repaved the roads. First time I have gotten to take the car on any real windy roads that were not all chewed up. It was a blast and the little Golf handled like it was on rails. Amazing little car when its set up right.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
P01314 Code getting logged. I've cleared it 3 times and each time it returns next time the Golf is started.
I'll start a separated thread on this code as it can result on a no start condition

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Finally got around to installing the Deadset kit and also installed 034 motor and trans mounts. And replaced the damaged sway bar bolts. I'm shocked how much of a difference it made.